GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How many times has someone opened their car door into your car?

JC_451

Autocross Champion
And I wouldn't talk to that girl anymore, if she can't understand your car is important to you she isn't worth speaking with. I wouldn't even tell her why, I'd just give her the instant ice.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
I'm worried that is how I'd get my car keyed though lol...
Same. People like to "get even" with others that park like a dick it seems. Always afraid to risk it.

Edit: I just hunt for the parking spaces that only have a single space next to them and park as close to the wall/planter/ what have you on the other side so the other person has to fully extend their door to come close to my car.

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
Same. People like to "get even" with others that park like a dick it seems. Always afraid to risk it.

Edit: I just hunt for the parking spaces that only have a single space next to them and park as close to the wall/planter/ what have you on the other side so the other person has to fully extend their door to come close to my car.
Agreed. I'd much rather snug up to the edge of the last spot in a row than to take 2 spaces, regardless of how far in the back the spot is. Oftentimes, employees are asked to park in the far back, so taking up two spots back there doesn't get you off the hook.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Or kids. And parents of kids.

Had parked in front of a client's house. Came out, Father and two kids in front of my car. Looking down. Didn't think much of it. Thought they were looking at the lip.
The minute I show up Dad hustled them to start riding again. Makes sense. They're on the road. I sit down in the car and something tells me to look at the front end. It's midday and the sun is high so.. I didn't see anything.
Until the car wash. Inside lip by the fog light. Something hit it hard. I'm thinking it was wagon the kid was pulling behind his bike.

What burns me is Dad didn't say Jack to me about it. You know your kid hit it... you see me come out and nothing??

For now on I'm parking in my clients driveway if they have one.

But yeah... door dings. I try to find a spot that is single parking away from other cars. Some bonehead always parks beside me with tons of spaces available

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
1601338959425.png

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
I just don't think that most people care about where they park. I was sitting in a parking lot of a small Santa Monica market and was watching the cars coming in and out. The vast majority of them will squeeze into whatever spot they can find. A lot of the cars were on the more expensive side. I saw a Tesla squeeze into a spot between two beat up cars. The guy was barely able to get out. I guess living in an area like Santa Monica you take what you can get when it comes to parking. Funny thing is...if you walk a few steps farther...there are a bunch of empty spots. That's where I parked since I had to watch the bikes while my GF went in to get groceries.

AM407

Autocross Champion
That’s one thing I really enjoyed about driving a beater - didn’t care about door dings! Even better, when some asshat parked right on the line, or even over it, I’d still take the space next to him, and make a point of parking right in the middle of my spot. I left one guy with maybe six inches to open his door. Pretty sure he had to crawl in from the other side. Serves you right for parking like an asshole!

Of course, I wouldn’t risk that with the GTI. I always park in the far corner of the lot, or pulled over tight at the end of a row. Still, shit happens. The first couple dings were painful, but now I don’t care so much. She’s ten years old and has her fair share of rock chips and rust spots, so what’s another door ding?

Honestly, it’s kind of nice to have an older car and not have to obsess over it.

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
One month ago I parked at the very end of the lot in the very last space that had a cemented in tree planter on the one side so I knew that someone could only park on one side of me. Good thing I hugged that curb because while I was inside someone decided to come and park right next to me like this:

Thankfully I have a stack of these in my car that my girlfriend got for me one year for Christmas :D: