GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How much do you think I can get for my car?

lilscoops

Hello! I’m new here so I’m not sure where to post this so I thought misc would be fine. I’m selling my 2010 GTI with APR Stage III K04 with 130,000 miles with rotiform BLQ wrapped in Nitto Motivos with less than 5k miles on em. I’m curious to what the community thinks I can get for my car. I have it listed for 10,500 currently and I know I’m not going to get that much for it but one can hope right?
95E31539-3213-4392-A1F6-25736F14EB14.jpeg

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Welcome to the forum. You could post it in the MK6 forum or general classified for sale.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
looks tight...glws!!!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Looks clean. I think it would come down to your trim package (leather/dynaaudio/sunroof/projector headlights). With those options 105 should be reasonable.

Im gonna sell my 80k mile mk6 also k04 soonish. Its not as clean as it was a rebuilt title car so im gonna try and fetch 8k for it. But i did a leather seat swap and audio upgrade.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
10.5 is definitely a dream.

As nice as it looks it's seriously old at this point and is much more appropriate as a toy than as a daily.

Good luck with the sale, there actually is a place to list cars for sale if you scroll down through the other sections of the forum.

Last edited:

Thumper

Autocross Champion
As nice as it looks it's seriously old at this point and is much more appropriate as a toy than as a daily.

Well, if that had any basis whatsoever on the price of a car I could go get a Ferrari 250 GTO for $5. lol

In the case of a modded car or a unique car the price often goes up (due to the mods and work/maintenance done) but the market of people interested shrinks.

Best thing to do is look at what the base, normal car is going for in your area to start. NADA for the car is $7750 without knowing all the options. Now, for someone looking for a modded car you have already done a big jump with the K04, looks like it's lowered as well. A good rough guide is add around 50% of the cost of the parts (no labor) depending on how long ago it was done. So depending on what else you have done and options on the car, you're probably looking around in the $9k region.

Ultimately a car (or anything) is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. So figure out what you would LIKE for the car, post it for sale and then let the haggling begin. (y)

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Thumper,

I like the 50% of parts only number.....that sounds like a good ball park. Solid post

Mud

and I'll double Drews offer. Car does look nice

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Thumper,

I like the 50% of parts only number.....that sounds like a good ball park.

I will say as a caveat.....I bought my 2012 Golf R with Stg 3, coils, tails, intake, clutch, and Haldex controller, and more for the same price as a factory stock car of it's age and mileage.........that was the owner's asking price and I would have paid more obviously, but he had been trying to sell for several months before I stumbled on the post after he dropped the price.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Well, if that had any basis whatsoever on the price of a car I could go get a Ferrari 250 GTO for $5. lol

In the case of a modded car or a unique car the price often goes up (due to the mods and work/maintenance done) but the market of people interested shrinks.

Best thing to do is look at what the base, normal car is going for in your area to start. NADA for the car is $7750 without knowing all the options. Now, for someone looking for a modded car you have already done a big jump with the K04, looks like it's lowered as well. A good rough guide is add around 50% of the cost of the parts (no labor) depending on how long ago it was done. So depending on what else you have done and options on the car, you're probably looking around in the $9k region.

Ultimately a car (or anything) is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. So figure out what you would LIKE for the car, post it for sale and then let the haggling begin. (y)

Comparing a 10 year old heavily modded GTI to a classic Ferrari is ridiculous.

This car has 130k. Not necessarily bad, but if someone was buying this as a DD their 10k would be better spent on a civic.

So yes, more appropriate as a toy than a daily.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Comparing a 10 year old heavily modded GTI to a classic Ferrari is ridiculous.

This car has 130k. Not necessarily bad, but if someone was buying this as a DD their 10k would be better spent on a civic.

So yes, more appropriate as a toy than a daily.

Was not comparing the GTI to a Ferrari obviously, it's ridiculous to come to that conclusion from my statement and the only reason to do so is to create a fallacy to support an unsupportable argument. I WAS pointing out the ridiculousness of the statement that somehow the car is worth LESS because it is assumed to not be suitable for a DD. The Ferrari was used as an example of how ridiculous that statement is.

This is the seller, not a buyer looking for a DD. The issue of using this as a DD is not even a consideration and has no bearing IN ANY WAY on what a car is worth.

Again, the market for the car may shrink due to the mods, someone looking for a stock DD isn't going to pay him less though.....they are not going to pay him at all and go find a stock one. However, someone looking for a 2010 GTI for a fun car/track toy/etc, especially one that would plan to go K04, etc themselves will happily pay a fair price without wanking around about the car not being suitable to DD. Or if they want to be stupid they could go pay the fair market value for a stock one and then pay the full price of parts and labor to install the tune, K04, etc themselves and pay MORE.

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
Probably 6-8K
I think you're the closest.

Most people really aren't willing to pay (much) for someone else's mods. I would expect to get very little, to nothing higher than NADA/KBB. The car looks clean, but in my experience that's the risk you take when modding your car, mods will make the car more fun for you, but not necessarily more valuable to a buying. I for one would not go anywhere near a modded car unless I knew exactly what parts were used, and how well the work was done, so I'd only consider buying a modded car if I helped work on it, or at least knew the seller very well.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Was not comparing the GTI to a Ferrari obviously, it's ridiculous to come to that conclusion from my statement and the only reason to do so is to create a fallacy to support an unsupportable argument. I WAS pointing out the ridiculousness of the statement that somehow the car is worth LESS because it is assumed to not be suitable for a DD. The Ferrari was used as an example of how ridiculous that statement is.

This is the seller, not a buyer looking for a DD. The issue of using this as a DD is not even a consideration and has no bearing IN ANY WAY on what a car is worth.

Again, the market for the car may shrink due to the mods, someone looking for a stock DD isn't going to pay him less though.....they are not going to pay him at all and go find a stock one. However, someone looking for a 2010 GTI for a fun car/track toy/etc, especially one that would plan to go K04, etc themselves will happily pay a fair price without wanking around about the car not being suitable to DD. Or if they want to be stupid they could go pay the fair market value for a stock one and then pay the full price of parts and labor to install the tune, K04, etc themselves and pay MORE.

Edit: Redacted.

Pointless discussion.

Last edited: