GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I Feel Sorry for People Stuck in CA

vjmvjm

Drag Racing Champion
No one is "stuck in California". I feel sorry for people waiting for the next hurricane in Florida. :p And following the old guys in the left lane with their turn signals permanently turned on.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
"Well, we have found there is no law in California regarding the use of track or sport modes on the street."

This isn't a California problem, this is a problem with an officer making up laws and trying to enforce them, then getting away with it. It happens everywhere in the country. The worst part of this story is how everyone tries to turn it around and pin it on the driver or Hyundai or California for not being compliant, but in reality they are compliant as the laws are written, the cop just isn't enforcing the written law, he's making up his own. The fucking bullshit powertrip cop is the only one in the wrong here, and everyone else involved are the only ones suffering for it.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
it's hard to explain just how nice it is to walk around and not hear straight-piped pops and bangs all the time. honestly california is a much nicer place as a result
Rather have pops and bangs over tent cities around every corner.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Having both is best, for me. I wish there were a good solution for homelessness but I can’t pretend to know what that is.
There's more empty apartments and homes that their are homeless people, but the govt would never do something like that.

Just let the tent city folks be, all they're trying to do is live their lives as best as they can given the circumstances.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
There's more empty apartments and homes that their are homeless people, but the govt would never do something like that.

Just let the tent city folks be, all they're trying to do is live their lives as best as they can given the circumstances.
Most homeless wouldn't stay in one of those apartments or homes for more than a night before moving on somewhere else. Drug access is the name of their game.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Most homeless wouldn't stay in one of those apartments or homes for more than a night before moving on somewhere else. Drug access is the name of their game.
Have you considered what direction it goes?

Like is it drugs->homeless

or is it homeless->drugs?

Honestly, I'd bet money on the second. Being homeless in a city like Chicago, in the middle of winter? I'd also want drugs to not feel mind numbingly cold.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Have you considered what direction it goes?

Like is it drugs->homeless

or is it homeless->drugs?

Honestly, I'd bet money on the second. Being homeless in a city like Chicago, in the middle of winter? I'd also want drugs to not feel mind numbingly cold.
LA and SF has some of the nicest weather in the entire country and drugs are still a huge problem in the homeless population there

Most of the time they either suffer from mental illness, trauma, chronic pain, or a combination of those things and the drugs are used as an escape.

Lots of opiate addictions start with a car accident, workplace injury, etc and when the prescribed painkillers runs out they turn to street drugs like heroin or fentanyl

manu97

Autocross Champion
LA and SF has some of the nicest weather in the entire country and drugs are still a huge problem in the homeless population there

Most of the time they either suffer from mental illness, trauma, chronic pain, or a combination of those things and the drugs are used as an escape.

Lots of opiate addictions start with a car accident, workplace injury, etc and when the prescribed painkillers runs out they turn to street drugs like heroin or fentanyl
In all of these cases, it's still rough to blame the person who's homeless for getting hooked to very addictive drugs.