GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I got rocked by an m4

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
One look at those wheels and I'd know not to fuck with that.
Just taught my daughter about that at our local C&C....cammed CTS-V with skinny fronts and these type wheels in the rear....I told her if you ever see that on the street, just walk away...don't even try

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Just ordered skinny fronts for my GTI, really going to terrify people now
yeah it was one of those teaching moments where you combine the visual clues, sound (it was nasty) and make it over power the "it's just a caddie" thought rolling through your mind

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
What about fat slicks in the front and skinnies in the rear?
Yup...I've schooled her on RWD vs FWD, just for you bro lol

skinnys in the rear.....better not turn.....at all lol

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Awesome! If I ever hit the lottery, I'm torn between getting the RS3, TTRS, and the M4.

I see he has the same skinnies as me. What tires does he have

Iroz motosports rs3. 1200hp 4 door family car.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
^^ As tail-happy as the F82 with its stock 420 hp, I can't imagine trying to keep this thing pointed straight at 1000 hp. And I have no idea how all that power is going to actually get to the ground without being lost to wheelspin.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
^^ As tail-happy as the F82 with its stock 420 hp, I can't imagine trying to keep this thing pointed straight at 1000 hp. And I have no idea how all that power is going to actually get to the ground without being lost to wheelspin.

It’s made consistent 9.6 @145mph passes & a 1.4-1.5 60’ at the track with tons of R&D invested into suspension tuning. At that power level it was all business A to B with very little dancing around.

That was at 770whp with a off the shelf 18” wheel. Now it’s on 17” bead locks, and will be at SCT Darlington in two weeks for roll racing. Probably won’t make a 1/4 mile pass from a dig until next season since fall weather came early for us this year, but much like the MQB cars torque management & boost by gear will get it dialed back in (it just takes hours and hours of testing).

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
It’s made consistent 9.6 @145mph passes & a 1.4-1.5 60’ at the track with tons of R&D invested into suspension tuning. At that power level it was all business A to B with very little dancing around.
What happens when you turn the wheel and give it a little extra throttle, on a nice twisty mountain road?