GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I hate people…

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Safety features are an insult to Darwin. Preventing stupid people from killing themselves does not improve the human race
But preventing them from taking others with them does

riceburner

Autocross Champion
I love people generally but i do also hate people, or at least my perception of some people and how they seemingly fail to operate in life.

as a non parent...
new parents who dont let their baby do anything except sit on an ipad because it keeps them quiet. go let your kid play outside with a stick! Its unnerving to see the level of care - rather, the complete abandonment of any hope that the child can survive outside of the comfort of instagram worthy blankets, is beyond me. let your child fall down the stairs, dipshit! thats how they wont fall down the stairs later!

i could rant about a lot of stuff but for now that crosses my mind

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
I love people generally but i do also hate people, or at least my perception of some people and how they seemingly fail to operate in life.

as a non parent...
new parents who dont let their baby do anything except sit on an ipad because it keeps them quiet. go let your kid play outside with a stick! Its unnerving to see the level of care - rather, the complete abandonment of any hope that the child can survive outside of the comfort of instagram worthy blankets, is beyond me. let your child fall down the stairs, dipshit! thats how they wont fall down the stairs later!

As a person who is a parent... This stuff also bothers me. Last time I took my kid for a check up, I was literally the only parent in the waiting room interacting with my kid. The entire room was kids ages 1-8 on a tablet, parent on their phone. It's not just about exposing them to hazards, they need to learn to interact and sometimes even be bored for 10 minutes. They don't need a screen to occupy every waking moment of their lives.

dtfd

Autocross Champion

as a non parent...

As a person who is a parent... This stuff also bothers me. Last time I took my kid for a check up, I was literally the only parent in the waiting room interacting with my kid. The entire room was kids ages 1-8 on a tablet, parent on their phone. It's not just about exposing them to hazards, they need to learn to interact and sometimes even be bored for 10 minutes. They don't need a screen to occupy every waking moment of their lives.

As a non-parent myself I try not to judge parents because I've never been there.

........but that being said, I agree 100% with these.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
My kids are 26 and 31. There's no doubt that they spend way more time in front of screens than I do, but that's their generation for the most part. That said, they both have respectable careers and are self-sufficient, have a good social life, and are happy.

I think the most important thing that we taught our kids is to advocate for themselves. It's possible to do that via text, email, or video conference, but sooner or later you're going to have to advocate for yourself face to face, and if you want any chance of success, you'd better be good at it. You're not going to learn that with your face in a screen all day.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
yeah i guess its not really the phones/tablets i was after most but the shielding aspect of parents. wanting to keep them fully occupied with activities, watching them play with their friends at daycare, not letting them go build a fort in the woods and smoke a j