GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I just ordered a GTI 40th Anniversary

Mr. Higgins

Well, I pulled the trigger and put a deposit down on a new 40th Anniversary GTI 6-speed. It should arrive by the end of May. I'm pretty excited (obviously). Anyone on the forum have this trim? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

I'm debating whether to chip tune it. Any thoughts on Stage 1 tuning on the MK8?

Thanks!

Nutty 5.0

I'm also waiting for mine to come somewhere between 5/16 and 5/26. What color? I'm waiting for a red 6 speed. Here's to hoping they both come sooner than expected.

Also curious what others say on a stage 1...

Mr. Higgins

Congrats, Nutty -- mine is in dark grey. I like the fact that the 40th has 19" wheels, addaptive dampers, but is otherwise the same as the low-trim S (I have no use for a sunroof). I'm hoping that the decals can be removed without too much effort.

Maybe I'll start a new thread for stage 1 tuning. I'd like to hear whether anyone has any first-hand experience/opinions.

Nutty 5.0

LOL, they should leave the 40 off and include 41, 42, 43... so you can install when it actually arrives.

Looks like mine is taking a stop on the Siem Cicero in RI port of Davisville before heading to the Sparrow's Point port in Baltimore. It shows to arrive in RI tonight at 3AM.

Storch

Go Kart Champion
Well, I pulled the trigger and put a deposit down on a new 40th Anniversary GTI 6-speed. It should arrive by the end of May. I'm pretty excited (obviously). Anyone on the forum have this trim? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

I'm debating whether to chip tune it. Any thoughts on Stage 1 tuning on the MK8?

Thanks!
congrats man! i just pulled the trigger on one myself & its expected 5/28-6/10. I plan on tuning it stage 1+ once i break the 1000 miles

Schipperke

I'd like to order a GTI 40th in Red. Anyone know a dealer in DC,MD,VA area that will order a car? I have emailed a couple and no responses.
What are people paying for these?

wheelman186

I'd like to order a GTI 40th in Red. Anyone know a dealer in DC,MD,VA area that will order a car? I have emailed a couple and no responses.
What are people paying for these?
As far as I know from what I was told by a few dealers during my effort to get my 40th, these cars aren’t “ordered” in the traditional sense. VW has a preset number they’re building, and I was told they’re allocating a small amount to dealers based on the number of cars that dealer moves per year. You can contact dealers to see if they have a 40th inbound, and then put a deposit down to secure that car. But I don’t believe they have any control over the number of 40th’s they will receive.

shrinkboy

i've had my 40th anniversary 6 spd in dark gray for two weeks. i'm still figuring things out in Vehicle settings. like, how to get the key to unlock the doors when i operate the door lever when i open the locked door...that one has me stumped. i love the vehicle's dynamics. this is my 4th one, and seems far and away the most powerful of the lot. all the dynamics are superb. still figuring out that 'infotainment' system though

C0TT1S

Passed Driver's Ed
i've had my 40th anniversary 6 spd in dark gray for two weeks. i'm still figuring things out in Vehicle settings. like, how to get the key to unlock the doors when i operate the door lever when i open the locked door...that one has me stumped. i love the vehicle's dynamics. this is my 4th one, and seems far and away the most powerful of the lot. all the dynamics are superb. still figuring out that 'infotainment' system though
Did you option keyless entry ? I know options are really a thing over there. I’m U.K. based but I believe the 40th Anni state side only had keyless start and go.