GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I need ur help NOW more then EVer Please read!!

vwbulla

Ready to race!
today im leaving for work its the first night the temp fell under 32.. it was 25 degrees.
i let the car warm up for 5 min then i startted driving slow and steady.
but when i got down the block i boosted to -10 and i heard the turbo sound weird not like how it normally sounds when i spool..it was like a lound sshshshshshhs sound!! like if boost was jsut excaping.

i drove a few block and i moved from a stop in first and the car was still cold but has fun for 8 min and without gettin on it the car jsut spooled up like if it did it by its self for a sec.. wird :iono:

then im driving a bit later the car is all warm im doing 30mph and i throw it into neutral as im slowin down and teh battery light goes on and the car dies..

did this 3 times everytimme i put it into neutral..wtf!!!

then i got to work.. it a 3 mile trip..i parked popped the hood nothing seems out of place..

i reved it up a bit.. i heard the bov go off so iknow it was not frozen..and once i parked it didnt shut off no more.. but during driving i didnt hear the bov.. so idk could it have been frozen?

im goonna see what happens when i drive home today at 4.. im gonna be sure to let it run for a long time.. and i work at a car place.so im gonna test my alternator to see if it ok

but please help me out if you had this happen or know what it could be

thanks in advance!!

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
This isn't directly related but generally it isn't a good idea to let the engine "warm up" as in sit and idle for a period of time before driving. Just go easy with the first 5-10min of driving.

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
can;t say what happened exactly, but we don't have BOV's..... our cars recirculate boost (diverter valve) as opposed to releasing it atmospherically. you wouldn't have heard this unless you have an aftermarket DV... and you prolly still wouldn't hear it unless you had a relocated valve like the ones from BSH or EuroJet as the Forge stock placement valve is pretty damn quiet. I've never heard mine, personally, but my exhaust/EVOMS intake drowns almost all noise out except road noise.

Moses

Go Kart Champion
firstly, you need to get vag com, and scan for codes, we can't do anything w/o those.

secondly, letting the GTI idle uses virtually no fuel and therefore won't warm your car up unless you wait for hours.

it's not bad for it. it's just pointless.

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
really? because warming your car before driving helps bring up the oil temp (shown by the dash gauge) therefore proving that the engine does warm up. pretty sure that's half the point of the gauge.

vwbulla

Ready to race!
i have a forged dv... im gonna hook up a obd2 scanner and see if i get any codes..
but i dont have the cheak engine light on..
but yea that sound i heard was hell weird..
i always let if run a few min before going..

kev24k

Go Kart Champion
really? because warming your car before driving helps bring up the oil temp (shown by the dash gauge) therefore proving that the engine does warm up. pretty sure that's half the point of the gauge.

not to be a dick but that isn't our oil temp

tasteofink8733

IlluminatiBilderbergNWO
Oh yea i forgot synthetic oil needs to warm up....

vwbulla

Ready to race!
OK YEA the car warms up..
ill cheak the battery and alternator but that would not cause the weird noise.
so what elso could it be
stupid dealer said 70 bucks just to scan the car is there any body with a vag by chicago??

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
shit so i shouldnt be redlining the car in 1st gear when its -12 out and i just started the car?

crap...

:rolleyes: