GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

I now own two 2.0 turbo VAG cars

Charlotte.:R

Ready to race!
We traded in my wife's '17 Accord on a CPO 2018 A4 Premium Plus over the weekend.

While I'm going to miss the sound of Honda's 3.5 V6, I'm not going to miss the wheelspin and outdated technology.

As a die hard manual guy, I gotta say the 7 speed auto shifts ridiculously fast and the paddles are really quick to respond. Enough so, that I could probably live with this. It has the sport package, and the optional 19" wheels, so it handles pretty well for it's size and all season tires.

This is a huge upgrade over the Honda from an interior and technology perspective--which is what the wife wanted--and the interior is gorgeous. I'm jealous of the virtual cockpit compared to the watered down version in my Golf, and the B&O stereo is probably the best sounding factory stereo I've ever heard.

Tint and some clear bra are scheduled for Saturday morning. After that, wifey want's to tune it, so I suspect a JB1/4 are going to be in our future.

Pics:

Attachments

Different shades of white, or just the lighting?

The dealership I got my R at had white and blue, it was a tough decision. They had a fender bender gassing up the white one, so blue it was.
Different colors. Silver White and Pure White.

I bought the silver white 2018 S for myself, but fell in love with the Rabbit, so gave the 2018 to my son for college graduation. It was the only way I could get my wife let me get the Rabbit.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Charlotte.:R

Ready to race!
Different colors. Silver White and Pure White.

I bought the silver white 2018 S for myself, but fell in love with the Rabbit, so gave the 2018 to my son for college graduation. It was the only way I could get my let me get the Rabbit.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Nice graduation gift!! Funny how we figure out the puzzle to get the cars we want.

I'm kinda surprised my went for this. She wanted a 10th gen Accord, but I saw this pop up locally and we took a look, and she liked it better. Bonus that I'd wayyyy rather drive this as the family hauler.

Navi

Drag Race Newbie
are you really going to miss the 3.5 V6? Not after a GIAC or Unitronic tune.

spec on the a4 looks great!

vj123

Drag Race Newbie
Congrats on your new addition.

Sport package on A4 makes such a huge difference even though its not a performance oriented vehicle. I had a 2013 A4 manual with sport package and its one of my favorite vehicle i have ever owned.