GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I think I broke my finger

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
A couple of solid objects at work met with my finger in the middle today. Pretty sure something went crunch. Funnily enough, pipes froze yesterday and we didn't have running water today so I wasn't able to wash my hands for a while, thought the discoloration was just dirt until I got home. Hurt like a mofo all day though...

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Mrs Dutch is all... "Go to the Dr!"

So they can tell me it's broken and take some advil? That's what they said when I crashed my bike and broke a few ribs. Pretty sure a finger tip will be in the same boat.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I have a bad habit of playing down injuries as well. I went home and went to bed the night this happened lol.

Crushed Talus, broken Tib, surgically broken fib to get in there to repair it all. If it's broken you'll know by morning

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
lmao, this is at least my 6th broken bone. Right pinkie-toe stubbed on a scratching post, left collar bone from a poorly executed tree felling, at least three left ribs in a bike accident, now this.

Video of the bike aftermath. I miss that bike. She's now living large as a track machine somewhere in New England.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Dutch, better a finger tip that than a knuckle or metacarpal. You should at least hit a walk in clinic and get an xray. You'll probably walk out with an annoying splint on your finger, but it's better than not knowing what's wrong.

Renck

Ready to race!
This ^^^^

And stop putting that finger at the wrong place / angle.......:p

Jokes aside, I hope is nothing serious. But, you better have it checked out by a Dr.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
The ankle/leg was also riding, happened at a indoor track in NE OH, NEMX which unfortunately closed due to other crashes there. Here my first ride back the next summer. Luckily my wife also rides too, or rode I should say lol. Now we have two kids and our son is the only one getting much seat time. I did drag them along to a demo ride to get my fix a few months back tho.

image cdn free

I do agree you should get it checked out tomorrow, better to have it set before re braking it becomes an issue :eek:

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Dutch, better a finger tip that than a knuckle or metacarpal. You should at least hit a walk in clinic and get an xray. You'll probably walk out with an annoying splint on your finger, but it's better than not knowing what's wrong.

Oh, I know it's broken but the joint isn't affected. Just the fingertip got squished. Fortunately my job is largely administrative and this doesn't factor in. We just had a large project in the last couple of days and with the weather problems I was in a rush to get it done today. I can splint it with crap around the house if need be.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
I have a bad habit of playing down injuries as well. I went home and went to bed the night this happened lol.

Crushed Talus, broken Tib, surgically broken fib to get in there to repair it all. If it's broken you'll know by morning

While riding? Never done MX but I know the boots are pretty gnarly, were you wearing a pair? Impressive if so...

This ^^^^

And stop putting that finger at the wrong place / angle.......:p

Jokes aside, I hope is nothing serious. But, you better have it checked out by a Dr.

I work in distribution. Normally our product is assembled on-site by our drivers but we had a giant order for Friday that had to be put together before delivery. We're closed because of the weather tomorrow so everything had to be done today. I'm responsible for everything we deliver so I'm trying to set the pace for the guys in the warehouse. Grabbed a couple of components that should have been picked up one-at-a-time and they swung together with the finger in the middle. I knew it was stupid before it actually happened, but, hindsight is 20-20.

Renck

Ready to race!
I work in distribution. Normally our product is assembled on-site by our drivers but we had a giant order for Friday that had to be put together before delivery. We're closed because of the weather tomorrow so everything had to be done today. I'm responsible for everything we deliver so I'm trying to set the pace for the guys in the warehouse. Grabbed a couple of components that should have been picked up one-at-a-time and they swung together with the finger in the middle. I knew it was stupid before it actually happened, but, hindsight is 20-20.

Leading by example.........you are a good leader!

Well, hopefully you can put some ice and rest that finger this night and tomorrow. Weather is nasty affecting several states, so stay safe.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Leading by example...

Always. This is so unbelievably simple, and so often overlooked. My crew knows I'll never ask them to do something I won't do myself, and when asking a lot, the proof that it's possible is that I just did it. I have a great team and they know I have their back.

Being a manager doesn't mean bossing around. It means setting the team up for success, teaching whenever necessary, and showing people their work means something.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
While riding? Never done MX but I know the boots are pretty gnarly, were you wearing a pair? Impressive if so...

Yeah, I was wearing all of my gear. They say a broken Talus isn't common at all, so to completely crush it I was extra unlucky lol. I have a CD of surgery pictures they gave me, a few of them still on my phone. It's pretty nasty

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah, I was wearing all of my gear. They say a broken Talus isn't common at all, so to completely crush it I was extra unlucky lol. I have a CD of surgery pictures they gave me, a few of them still on my phone. It's pretty nasty

Ouch. I was wearing mesh gear with padding when I high-sided. Landed on rocks so I think I got off pretty light.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Yeah for sure, bikes can be replaced. Us, not so much.

With all of the street miles I've logged between my cbr600RR and my dads harley I'm fortunate to say I've never had an on road accident. Can't say the same for several of my friends tho.

My buddy Ricky, also a Volkswagen guy, had his CBR for a month or so before this happened. Early morning cold roads got the best of him and he washed out on a blind curve. He got up and out of the way quickly and unhurt but his bike got run over by a tri axle dump truck

He wins my vote for luckiest rider ha