GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I went up against a mustang that had an Orange/Red snake on the back

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Last night, saw him in front, dropped a couple of gears and caught up, was in 4th around 4000 (sweet spot), we both punched it around the same time, I approached red line in fourth and we both let off. He ended up being two or so car lengths in front. I thought it would be more. His car sounded pretty damn good. Not sure of the exact spec but it was most likely a 2012-2016, black rims, body kit and a snake on the back. Pulled up beside him later and he was surprised by how the GTI kept up - they usually are.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport

I went up(against) a mustang that had an Orange/Red snake on the back​

Am I the only one that finds the snake detail hilarious :unsure: 😂

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Is this the snake you saw?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210922-090757_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210922-090757_Samsung Internet.jpg
    575.4 KB · Views: 83

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
So it was most likely a Shelby GT500. They have about 550-650hp depending on the year (don't recall the exact numbers or what year they bumped up), but they are pretty heavy, like close to 4k lbs. They never made great 0-60 or 1/4 mi times because they don't put power down well and turn sideways if you look at them wrong, but I could see them being good roll racers. My friend has a 2015 with a pulley and intake and it's still significantly slower than a stock hellcat or ZL1, despite the big HP number.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Yes, it was also night time so it was hard to to get the exact colour of it.
If that's the case I'd be surprised a golf kept up with me too if I was the shelby owner.

At a minimum it's a gt350 which would mean 500hp or it could have been a gt500 super snake which made closer to 650

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
Last night, saw him in front, dropped a couple of gears and caught up, was in 4th around 4000 (sweet spot), we both punched it around the same time, I approached red line in fourth and we both let off. He ended up being two or so car lengths in front. I thought it would be more. His car sounded pretty damn good. Not sure of the exact spec but it was most likely a 2012-2016, black rims, body kit and a snake on the back. Pulled up beside him later and he was surprised by how the GTI kept up - they usually are.
Capture.JPG

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Title of thread:- "I went up a mustang that had an Orange/Red snake on the back"...

Meaning:- I "did" a commissioned officer who began their career as an enlisted service member & happened to have a tattoo of a snake on their back"...

I really don't care what you do in your spare time but this sort of thread should be in "off-topic"... :cool:

Turbongr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7
I took a road trip to check out a bike and on my way home I passed a Mustang at a good pace and felt pretty good about it. About 5 minutes later dude FLEW by me. Must have been doing 150 and yeah, it sounded amazing.

That thing was a beast.