GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

If you had a budget of $65,000 for cars, what would you buy?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
:evil:

This means you would have to get out/not be in GTI unless you used the money towards having one/keeping one as well in this scenario.

Used or new…1,2, or 3 vehicles - what would you end up doing? This is considering you would either have this money in straight cash or the ability to pay the monthly costs for the vehicles (we wont factor in insurance, haha…).

I’ll go first… most likely I’d do:

$40K 2010 S4 w/ sport package/LSD or Used 2008-9 M3 Sedan $38K-$40K

$25K Lotus Elise 05-06, Boxster S 05-06, or Cayman 06 (S if I could find one in the boonies that cheap yet), or AP2 S2K for $15K and put the $10K remaining for mods on both cars.

(or... $65K for a used GT-R... but the maintenance and putting miles on the car as a daily.. :iono: )

Your choices?

09vdubgti

Banned
simple, M3.

Its good for a daily driver, weekend car, track, douche machine all in one.

Get a nice exhaust, lower it, and some BBS LM championship edition wheels, set for life.

Last edited:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
NOTICE: GS_GTI is not allowed to post, he's already living the dream ;) :laugh:

Which makes me think, I probably should have stayed in the C6 (lived in the garage) and kept the Saab 9-2x or the sweet Scion xD I had for a while...dammit. Its just having a car sit and not want to drive it except for highway trips or the track doesn't leave much opportunity for use.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
New M3 or new S4 and the rest on hookers and blow. Used 2010 S4 makes no sense most are 45k+ and new can be had at under 50k if you don't useless options.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
New M3 or new S4 and the rest on hookers and blow. Used 2010 S4 makes no sense most are 45k+ and new can be had at under 50k if you don't useless options.

I'd want the sport suspension and active diff and so far, none of those are below $50K new. $45K is a base model MT, I believe.

yes and yes. Get a nice exhaust, lower it, and some BBS LM championship edition wheels.

:w00t:

Save and get a 911.

But if I have to play by the rules then I'd be rollin in an M3.

not many rules on this one, you could buy a used 911 ;)

PandaGTI

Go Kart Champion
S2000 for the track ($10,000... Doesn't have to look good, interior is gonna be stripped, as long as chassis and engine is solid)

996 Porsche Carrera Turbo ($30,000 to $40,000... Turns heads, fast as hell, engine is based on the GT3 so it's pretty reliable)

W210 AMG E55 (can be had for around $10,000 looks pretty sinister with a big fat AMG V8)

Used 1st or 2nd genertion Prius with the rest of the money ($10,000 to 15,000 it's a hatch so it can handle some parts runs, gets killer gas mileage to make up for the other 2 gas guzzlers, blends in well with all the other cars, it's an appliance I can drive so I won't be emotionally connected to it if it gets damaged, it's a Toyota so it's reliability will make up for the other 2 european cars, it's great asa a family car too)

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
^WINNING

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
S2000 for the track ($10,000... Doesn't have to look good, interior is gonna be stripped, as long as chassis and engine is solid)

996 Porsche Carrera Turbo ($30,000 to $40,000... Turns heads, fast as hell, engine is based on the GT3 so it's pretty reliable)

W210 AMG E55 (can be had for around $10,000 looks pretty sinister with a big fat AMG V8)

Used 1st or 2nd genertion Prius with the rest of the money ($10,000 to 15,000 it's a hatch so it can handle some parts runs, gets killer gas mileage to make up for the other 2 gas guzzlers, blends in well with all the other cars, it's an appliance I can drive so I won't be emotionally connected to it if it gets damaged, it's a Toyota so it's reliability will make up for the other 2 european cars, it's great asa a family car too)

:clap:
well thought out sir

PandaGTI

Go Kart Champion
Btw... Since I bought our current cars new...

GTI (fully loaded 4 door with Karthoums $31,000)
CC (lux limited with $9,000 off msrp for $31,000)
FJ Cruiser Trail Teams Edition ($29,000 at least it holds is value cause of the demand for my particular model and the fact only 2500 where made)
And our go to car 2003 Honda Accord EX-L with Navi that my wife's father got her back in 2003...

But could you imagine what kinda cars $90,000 would have gotten me if I hadn't bought 3 in the past several years?

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
Btw... Since I bought our current cars new...

GTI (fully loaded 4 door with Karthoums $31,000)
CC (lux limited with $9,000 off msrp for $31,000)
FJ Cruiser Trail Teams Edition ($29,000 at least it holds is value cause of the demand for my particular model and the fact only 2500 where made)
And our go to car 2003 Honda Accord EX-L with Navi that my wife's father got her back in 2003...

But could you imagine what kinda cars $90,000 would have gotten me if I hadn't bought 3 in the past several years?

you could have had a racekor!

how do you like the FJ?? i've always been a fan of them since they came out.

walker

Go Kart Newbie
if we don't count insurance? Audi RS3.