GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

If you were buying again DSG or MT

fuelboss

Go Kart Newbie
Wondering what you guys would pick up if you were in the market to buy your Mk7s again. DSG trans or the 6 speed manual transmission?
DSG every time. Manual control if you like is just a flick of a switch. In stop-start traffic do you really want to be feathering a clutch!

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Currently 6MT, next time would go with DSG.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
There is absolutely no reason for me to ever purchase a manual transmission vehicle of any type for any reason.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Currently a 6MT and most likely would still go for a manual the second time around. I would definetly give the DSG a test drive though.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
There are support groups for other men who've been castrated
There are support groups for males who gauge their masculinity according to the transmission of the vehicle they drive.
What other pissing contests of proving masculinity would you like to engage in?
Push ups, bench pressing?
How much liquor one can hold?
Finances?

bentin

Autocross Champion
Some people like weird shit. I have a friend that won't buy a car without auto cruise control. I've never used any sort of cruise control, so it doesn't make any sense to me, but I still search for cars with it when sending him recommendations.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
There are support groups for males who gauge their masculinity according to the transmission of the vehicle they drive.
What other pissing contests of proving masculinity would you like to engage in?
Push ups, bench pressing?
How much liquor one can hold?
Finances?
I too sometimes get triggered by jokes. Just whip it out so we can compare and settle this like men

Raguvian

Autocross Champion

Careful. They're more sensitive now that it's missing.

I mean... what's the point of saying this? You're not going to change his mind by being a dick about it and just makes all manual drivers look bad by saying stupid things like this.

I remember getting into it with @tigeo and a few others on the FB group because one of the DSG guys said all manual drivers are retarded (among other things). Doesn't feel nice to really be on the receiving end of either side.