GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Increase in MPG

Wallop

Go Kart Newbie
Anyone else noticed a sudden increase in stated MPG this week? Mine started on Mon after the car did a software update.
I usually get about 54-55mpg on the same journey this time i got 61.4mpg and on the way to work this week i've been getting 53-55mpg whereas before it was always 45-48mpg (early morning no traffic).

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Has anything else changed that might affect your car’s mpg figures? e.g. traffic volume, driving style, tyre pressures, air con on or off, fewer occupants or less luggage in the car etc, etc.?

If those latest mpg figures are calculated by the car’s computer, it’d be worth calculating your mpg manually over the next 2-3 tankfulls of petrol. That way, you would be able confirm one way or another whether the latest software update has had a knock-on impact onto the accuracy of the car’s computer-calculated fuel consumption figures or whether you’re seeing a genuine mpg improvement.

I can’t imagine there could possibly be an issue with any of the mk8 Golf’s software that might have caused the apparent step change in mpg..…….:unsure: ………o_O

Wallop

Go Kart Newbie
No nothing else has changed i get pretty much the same from a tank of petrol, 2 weeks of driving to work and back and two trips to Oxfordshire and back which is 470 miles i usually have about 40 miles worth left when i refill.Which is about right as the car gives the range as 500 miles with the tank full.I've just filled it up i'll see if there is any change.