GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment crashing and rebooting.

koolmacher

Passed Driver's Ed
Anybody having the same issues as me with regards to the infotainment screen going off mid journey screen goes black lose radio/sat nav/climate control sometimes it instantly reboots however other times it can take a good 5-6 minutes before it comes back on and sometimes when it does reboot the climate control won't come back to life for a good 20 mins it just outputs warm air and adjusting the temperature power or direction does nothing. Golf was built end of August last year and despite spending a total of 7 weeks back at the dealers for travel assist faults along with a 12v battery excessive power drain warnings it's still stuck on software 1664. Ps Travel assist now appears to be fixed after the steering wheel was replaced upon their 2nd attempt to fix it.

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
I have come to the conclusion that ALL Mk8 Golfs have software issues. Some have more issues than others. It’s pure luck that you have one with fewer problems.

Yesterday I had a warning in red come up reading that the artificial sound generator was no longer working and to drive with care (can’t remember the exact words). After parking for a couple of hours the message had gone.

I have the infotainment go black and then reboot many times but I don’t recall it doing it since it was updated from 1664 to 1668 (having said that, it will probably do it tomorrow).

The mysteries continue.

Last edited:

Eric of Ayr

Anybody having the same issues as me with regards to the infotainment screen going off mid journey screen goes black lose radio/sat nav/climate control sometimes it instantly reboots however other times it can take a good 5-6 minutes before it comes back on and sometimes when it does reboot the climate control won't come back to life for a good 20 mins it just outputs warm air and adjusting the temperature power or direction does nothing. Golf was built end of August last year and despite spending a total of 7 weeks back at the dealers for travel assist faults along with a 12v battery excessive power drain warnings it's still stuck on software 1664. Ps Travel assist now appears to be fixed after the steering wheel was replaced upon their 2nd attempt to fix it.
I have last week driven down from Scotland. - 400 miles on the Way down the infotainment system went black then rebooted - twice
2 days later the car would not start. Following green flags intervention I got the car restated ; two days later it died and again I restarted car with help of green flag. this time after running car for 30 minutes I disconnected my battery and the following morning reconnected and drove to VW garage in Guildford.
This lunchtime I got a call from where the car was originally registered to tell me it needed this fix
91BU-W-OCu .

the Vw garage here ( Guildford) have worked on it today and the battery has been reconditioned they are keeping it in overnight for observation
we will see..

**** latest update ***
seems more stable after update, iPhone now connects 80% of the time, but black screen continues to happen, rebooting system helps but occasionally have to with everything off, its still not right, what if this happened on your test drive
Eric

Last edited: