GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment goes black and crashes

s3bax

Go Kart Newbie
Yeah.. Pretty much that. Went on a over 2000km trip..
I'm the middle of the trip my infotainment went black and crashed. It then boots up again, works for like 10s then crashes again. After a few times it just doesn't boot up anymore.
When it first crashes the SOS ecall or whatever it's called, pop up saying that it errored and to go to service. Besides that the traffic signs recognition crashes.

So I pretty much drove over 1k km with no head unit, no music, no AC (well it seems to work even when it crashes but can't change setting).

Any idea what might be the issue here? Software or hardware?

Wallop

Go Kart Newbie
Mine used to do this i've posted before about it way back on the infotainment thread,It stopped on mine when it went in for a service and they updated to 1803 there was also a recall OCW something that was supposed to fix it. I presume that's included in 1896 now? I also had my infotainment unit replaced after they said they were unable to do an update. No problems since then.

NoCaution

SofaKingEuro.com
I have no idea if it would help everyone else, but the thing that helped me was simply not plugging in my phone until the car was running and the infotainment system was booted up. I used wireless Carplay when I first got the car and would always get weird audio drops, so I started plugging in my phone. With the phone plugged in, every 4-5 times I would get in my car, I'd experience something similar to OP's issue. I finally figured out that if I waited a few seconds before plugging in, I didn't have any problems. I've been doing it like that for over a month now, and I haven't had any issues at all! Obviously, I'd prefer if VW would release a full-featured update that killed the bugs for good, but until then, I'm happy to baby it a little bit to avoid any issues.

koolmacher

Passed Driver's Ed
Mine used to do it regardless of phone being plugged in, for a spell it used to do it every journey I made and other times when it rebooted it could take upto 20 mins for the climate control to start working again, but all good since the update from 1664 to 1896.

s3bax

Go Kart Newbie
Does anyone have the fuse diagram? With all the fuses. The one I found around here are from a manual and don't include some of the fuses I have. I want to look if any of them might cause am issue.