GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

tos

Go Kart Newbie
Google translated fixed list:

Customer complaint:
Settings:
• Ambient lighting cannot be adjusted in the radio navigation system menu.
• Changing the headlights (left / right traffic) does not work in the menu.
• UK Sales Cars only:
- Unexpected delay or unintentional delay when using ACC (Active Cruise Control)
accelerations.
• The travel profile selection must not be reset.
• The AirCare function must not be activated in the air conditioning menu.
Display:
• The display (s) in the Car menu are not as instructed.
• The display of the radio navigation system is black after start-up.
• The following message / text is displayed on the radio navigation system:
1/7
- "Component protection active"
• Reversing camera image:
- does not appear from time to time.
- is below the pop-up window.
- flickers from time to time.
• The air conditioning menu does not appear properly.
• The Welcome screen must not be deactivated / switched off.
• The radio navigation system sometimes shuts down automatically and then restarts.
Audio:
• The audio settings of the radio navigation system are not recorded.
• Audio playback via Bluetooth is interrupted again and again.
• The length of a song is not displayed correctly during media playback.
• Sometimes:
- there is a click from the speakers.
- the audio playback of the radio navigation system does not work.
- the audio of the radio navigation system does not work via Bluetooth.
- voice control does not work.
Navigation:
• The position of the car displayed by the radio navigation system is incorrect.
• Navigation does not start.
• Favorite destinations are not saved.
• Route guidance does not resume after a pause.
We Connect (Car-Net):
• Cannot create administrator.
• Web applications and software updates fail.

Donald

Passed Driver's Ed
I bought a 70 plate at beginning of December the software says 1666 is the latest or should I get it updated. Can I do it through the car or by the dealer

SimonGC

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a MK 8 Style 1.5 etsi dsg with 1803 software, updated from 1788. My principle criticism with this car remains the ACC randomly changing MPH to KPH or the Dynamic sign recognition system reading signs incorrectly and/or converting them to KPH. However, as remarked upon by other users, there are certain junctions/roundabouts where it will always happen. I regard this as a fundamental and potentially dangerous fault e.g ACC braking to 44mph on a 70mph motorway

Like many on the forum, and a long list of customers at my VW dealer in Southampton, I am waiting on a promised fix from VW. Thus far, having read all the available info on this new 1810 -1890 update, including the list from tos, I have seen nothing that indicates this has been addressed

I hope I am wrong but if anyone has any information on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
I have a MK 8 Style 1.5 etsi dsg with 1803 software, updated from 1788. My principle criticism with this car remains the ACC randomly changing MPH to KPH or the Dynamic sign recognition system reading signs incorrectly and/or converting them to KPH. However, as remarked upon by other users, there are certain junctions/roundabouts where it will always happen. I regard this as a fundamental and potentially dangerous fault e.g ACC braking to 44mph on a 70mph motorway

Like many on the forum, and a long list of customers at my VW dealer in Southampton, I am waiting on a promised fix from VW. Thus far, having read all the available info on this new 1810 -1890 update, including the list from tos, I have seen nothing that indicates this has been addressed

I hope I am wrong but if anyone has any information on this it would be greatly appreciated.
Have a look at this TPI:
a.png

SimonGC

Passed Driver's Ed
So there is a chance the ACC/KPH fault could be cured with SW 8190 ! Thanks Massimo for your knowledge and insight which, as always, is greatly appreciated. I see from the Erwin TPI doc that the release date is 23/12/2021 so I assume it is now available?

Do I attempt to book the car in for the SW 8190 update or wait to hear from VW, has anyone tried their dealer so far for this update?

pauldy

I hope they will also fix the ACC in the car thinking that I am trying to undertake a car on my left hand side. Perhaps being able to chose left hand drive in the headlight settings will do this. currently this is blocked

Martinbury

Passed Driver's Ed
Many thanks for this info. My GTD is booked in on 4th January for various things including a replacement sunroof because of a persistent rattle. I‘ve already registered with the dealer the incorrect speed limit sign recognition issue, so I’ll ask them to look at this TPI in order to update the software to 1890. Must admit though, the signpost recognition and inability to overtake due to the ACC thinking I was undertaking, only seems to happen on certain stretches of road, rather than anything else. Let’s hope this update fixes it once and for all. 🤞

T-bro

Passed Driver's Ed
The lead technician at my dealer just confirmed that the update is available for my car as of December 26th. Will be booking my car for the update ASAP and update here.

T-bro

Passed Driver's Ed
Did your technician say what update number it was?
Unfortunately no. His precise words were: "We don't have software in stock, it all goes through the Internet", whatever the hell that means 🤣 Anyway, he needed to write something down that would justify the car coming in and having the software update. I told him that it would take me 10 minutes to list all the small errors that I have had :) I then just told him the biggest errors that I have had, which is the parking sensor error, along with the rear traffic alert error as well as the rear camera error. He did not have the information on which software I will be receiving but according to the post from @tos I can only receive the 1890 update. I am currently on 1803 software with Device part number: 5H0035816E. I am booked for Monday, 17th of January. Will report back here once I pick up the car from the dealer.

SimonGC

Passed Driver's Ed
My UK Golf MK 8 style 150 etsi goes in for the new recall software update tomorrow and, like T-bro, the dealer could not give me any details on the update. I did give him a nudge by saying that I expected it would be 1890 and he did try to get more information from the technicians but no-one knew, other than to confirm it has just been released. I am on software 1803 with Device part number 5H0035820D (different from T-bro above), display unit hardware H41/ Display unit software 3074.

I too will report back when it returns, although as my main problem is the random ACC/sign MPH/KPH and undertaking errors, it may take a bit of driving to see if anything has changed. I really hope it cures the problems but I remain sceptical and nervous that it introduces a new set of bugs and faults. I like the car and I used to like VW, but after a year of dragging the thing repeatedly back to the dealer it all leaves a bad taste.