GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

Antsyy

Hi all, I've been following this forum for a while, but have only just registered so that I can post a question.

Has anyone had connection issues since getting the upgrade from 1668 to 1896 - When I got my car back from the garage, I am no longer able to login into my account - I get a "Sorry, this is function is currently unavailable." - basically my car is stuck in Guest mode - I have contacted the VW Connect team, who then got me to take it to the garage which also couldn't fix it - apparently it's getting looked into.

But my question is - has anyone else had the same issue with the upgrade?
Hi

I got my car back from garage today and i have this same problem that i cant log in to my account...

Kierweb

Hi

I got my car back from garage today and i have this same problem that i cant log in to my account...
I've heard a few of us are having the same issue - hopefully they get it fixed quickly, I'm missing live map updates.

Massimo 2323

Go Kart Champion
Try this. I had the same problem and it worked for me. Instead of logging in do the registration inserting the information asked and same email and password. It will say that an account is already registered with the email address. It will then ask you to login. Put your login information again and it should work.

Kierweb

Try this. I had the same problem and it worked for me. Instead of logging in do the registration inserting the information asked and same email and password. It will say that an account is already registered with the email address. It will then ask you to login. Put your login information again and it should work.
I tried this when i first had the problems, and just tried again - but i just get a "Please Wait" full screen overlay when i press register and it sticks :( :( :(

tos

Ready to race!
1652468455618.png

Erwin says this to my car, 1890... but when it starts downloading - I can't wait ;)
We have very good network here in Finland.

I have had 7 small OTAs in short time...

Carlosfandang0

Drag Racing Champion
My sept 2021 build GTI (UK) has just had a large three part OTA update, the car has been on 1804 since I purchased it and has just updated to A896, the device part number suffix has changed to H also, I can’t find any release notes for this update so I’m not sure what’s changed, it took around 45 minutes to download while I was driving, and 30 minutes to install once parked, this was followed by a brief user guide update.

EDIT:
it seems that A896 is a precursor to 1896 and will further update (part 3) shortly, it has been noted on other forums that this update appears to also improve throttle response and DSG shifts, but this remains to be seen!

UPDATE: having now driven the car, I believe that the DSG shifts have indeed changed and the throttle response in comfort has thoroughly improved, not sure how this has been achieved without running basic settings on the transmission, but, although they weren’t particularly bad, the shift points have definitely changed for the better (maybe placebo), the last part has now downloaded 👇
129DD338-8D22-4598-B134-04FC37C44ABA.jpeg
and will install once the car is parked,

Original version👇
24B2769A-318C-4E16-9C4B-8A552632BBA4.jpeg

Pre update message👇
8B2E9986-60E1-420D-A597-503904574FDC.jpeg

New software info👇
227BC89B-D8CD-41E9-8ADD-3E63C832B35D.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: tos

tomocernec

Here is the explanation from mike (MQBretrofit Germany) .The ORU is now available for Volkswagen MQBclassic using MIB3OI (Tiguan, Polo, etc) - on MQBw the Golf 8, Caddy V and Skoda Octavia NX.
It's a two parts update. First it will become A896 (3.5GB) , after that a second update with Speech (SDS) (1.7GB) content will follow. After installing this it will accomplish the whole procedure and become 1896.
This update is available from MIB3 version 17xx/18xx.
Cars with SOP1 Software (SW 16xx) still have to drive to the workshop to get their new baseline software package and a new Feature-Enable-Code to get the navigation function after updating the device working again.
Hi Massimo,
Where can i see version of Volkswagen MIB I have? Dealer have new MIB for my car (GOLF 8 2021 start with 16xx, at the moment i have 1810) some factory discount ?? :(

Reactions: tos

Doctor71

My Mk8 has been in the dealers for 4 days now updating the software from 1668. Apparently they are in contact with VW Germany to try and resolve constant errors - lots of updates applied, when one thing gets fixed another thing breaks.
So I’m stuck with no car until the software is sorted out.
They can’t tell me how long this will take and said they have a few cars with the same problem.

Maturedriver

Go Kart Newbie
My Mk8 has been in the dealers for 4 days now updating the software from 1668. Apparently they are in contact with VW Germany to try and resolve constant errors - lots of updates applied, when one thing gets fixed another thing breaks.
So I’m stuck with no car until the software is sorted out.
They can’t tell me how long this will take and said they have a few cars with the same problem.
I’ve been where you are. 1896 software and a new steering wheel and I think things are now sorted. I am typing this with my right hand and holding the wooden leg of my desk with the other 🙄.

LMWT

Ready to race!
I’ve been where you are. 1896 software and a new steering wheel and I think things are now sorted. I am typing this with my right hand and holding the wooden leg of my desk with the other 🙄.
Well folks, I've got next Wednesday as the appointed day for the hopefully not infamous updates, will keep everything possible crossed and hope all goes well :rolleyes: One good point, I will have a T-Roc for the duration of the dealer visit.

Doctor71

Well folks, I've got next Wednesday as the appointed day for the hopefully not infamous updates, will keep everything possible crossed and hope all goes well :rolleyes: One good point, I will have a T-Roc for the duration of the dealer visit.
Hoping to get a courtesy car at some point tomorrow.

LMWT

Ready to race!
Probably should have included this in the last post............

Was out today (Mon) - a very warm day here, parked the car, returned - no front of car AC controls available, so rather than stop turn off and wait for I don't know how long, I rebooted with the on / off control and it was restored, this car never fails to surprise with some error or other, At this stage I expect something to go wrong every time I sit into it, maybe the software updates will fix things :unsure: Sorry about the double images in photo one (maybe it was an anger shake) I didn't try the other options shown in the last two photos but at least they were still available.
IMG_20220516_173612_656.jpgIMG_20220516_173646_803.jpgIMG_20220516_173655_649.jpg

Last edited: