GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

orlinst

Passed Driver's Ed
Yesterday mine said it was about to start downloading this 3 part update and all it did was say "update failed" when i clicked update and that was the last i heard from it.
Same happened here. It showed for some time downloading and stayed on 0 of 3500 mb. Then update failed appeared. Is there a way to restart the process manually?

Ciccina2016

Very idiotic question.. my MK8 has been built last week.
Am I assuming correctly that the Infotainment system installed is the latest version for both software and hardware?

orlinst

Passed Driver's Ed
Very idiotic question.. my MK8 has been built last week.
Am I assuming correctly that the Infotainment system installed is the latest version for both software and hardware?
Check your HW and SW versions in the Setup>System information (as i remeber) menu.

Sergio MV

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't have the car yet.
It has been built last week
Don’t worry about it, for sure it will be very upgrade, one question if it is possible, look that if you new car have the Dinamic background lights (its in another post) and tell us! Thanks for advance!

orlinst

Passed Driver's Ed
Don’t worry about it, for sure it will be very upgrade, one question if it is possible, look that if you new car have the Dinamic background lights (its in another post) and tell us! Thanks for advance!
I drove Multivan T7 a couple of days ago and checked the ambient light settings. Instead of grayed out menu (like in golf) there was an on/off toggle. Turned it on and all the described light effect were working. In my Golf only lock/unlock actions are indicated with ambient light with yellow and red light.

Sergio MV

Passed Driver's Ed
I drove Multivan T7 a couple of days ago and checked the ambient light settings. Instead of grayed out menu (like in golf) there was an on/off toggle. Turned it on and all the described light effect were working. In my Golf only lock/unlock actions are indicated with ambient light with yellow and red light.
Yes! In new Multivan I think it works, can you describe more the funcions of these effects?

orlinst

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes! In new Multivan I think it works, can you describe more the funcions of these effects?
It changed the colour that was set. I tested with hazard lights, opened driver's door and I think that the child lock (which in t7 is for the sliding doors) also worked. I didn't saw any aminations.

pred1981

^You can choose male or famale voice from language settings.

After 1896 update: Car2X will not available anymore?

Thank you tos,

Now finally got it, the male / female voice selection is at the very bottom of the language list, I had never needed to page down to the end of the list. I think the top of the list would be a much better position. Had looked in the owner's manual and PDF version with no succcess but then I find that manual hard going at best of times.

Has Car2X ever been reported on as having been used?
I have SW1896 , in Spain and I don´t have the male /female option, at the end of the Languaje list :(

Reactions: tos

koolmacher

Passed Driver's Ed
I posted this on another thread and really should have been posted here, this is a copy:

Final update report on my MK8 - Got all the relevant software updates last week (1896 @ VW announced IS update)

All working as expected and described by Massimo 2323, especially those that can be seen (There were 13 modules updated)

1. Nav map in cluster option
  2. Unlock on approach from side now fixed
  3. Comfort lights switch on when approached
  4. Appears to be faster IS operation
  5. Touch / Sliders appear to be disabled when using IS screens
  6. Wireless Android Auto connectivity option - but in my case audio only because my phone is AA version 10 and doesn't fully support wireless connectivity
  7. We Connect and Primary user all good, Internet radio, Shop etc activated and software updates being received OTA - only minor ones so far
  8. Had only one glitch so far, message appeared to "Please reduce oil level - Visit Workshop" which fair play to the garage was fixed within two hours of phonecall - fixed manually and with a software update. (Engine had the same oil since it was serviced last December)
  9. Assured by Technican that all those annoying pop-up error messages should now be in the past :unsure:
  10. As previously noted, one thing I don't like is the word "SYNC" appearing on the passenger side temperature display

If all stays as is I will be very happy at last, time will tell :unsure:: Only downside now is the high price of fuel! Software update not going to fix that! :(
I look forward to experiencing this update if VW ever come up with a FIX for my failed update at the dealers, it will be day 7 tomorrow still waiting....

Snarkyboblin

I have a 2020 GTI and the list of issues I get are all the standard ones. I have spoken to 2 VE Dealers and no software update for me. The car is still under warranty. Getting to the point where I am wondering if it's possible to buy the new unit or a latter one off ebay and have it fitted?

Sergio MV

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a 2020 GTI and the list of issues I get are all the standard ones. I have spoken to 2 VE Dealers and no software update for me. The car is still under warranty. Getting to the point where I am wondering if it's possible to buy the new unit or a latter one off ebay and have it fitted?
Look if you need to do 91CU recall, if you have software before 1896 is for sure

Alanedg

First ever post. I'm UK based and took my Golf 8 2020 Style in to investigate an airbag warning light recently. While it was there the dealers decided to do a 91CU software update. It failed to update and has been in the garage ever since, coming up to 2 weeks. They told me that they'd tried to update 6 cars of which 2 including mine broke. Apparently the issue was escalated to ODIS(?) and then escalated further to the factory. I've been told there may not be any movements "for weeks". If you have a golf 8 that has been recommended for a 91CU update I'd recommend holding off until VW actually appear to test their software properly otherwise it's likely you'll be playing vehicular russian roulette.

Snarkyboblin

Look if you need to do 91CU recall, if you have software before 1896 is for sure
My Car is currently @ the dealer for an issue with the Alarm keep going off. They called me a little while ago to say that they were doing some sort of upgrade. So will see where we go.

Sergio MV

Passed Driver's Ed

My Car is currently @ the dealer for an issue with the Alarm keep going off. They called me a little while ago to say that they were doing some sort of upgrade. So will see where we go.
My car is in the workshop from this morning doing only the upgrade, crossfingers