GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

Donald

Passed Driver's Ed
We had a similar situation in the past week.
They told us there were 2 campaigns for our car and they CANNOT let a car leave their premisis without applying outstanding campaigns.
They told us whilst an Oil Service & Inspection is a 'while you wait' affair, they are requested to leave 4-6 hours PER campaign. Hence they told us they'd need the car for 2 days (this messaging was consistent across 3 dealers).

In the end, the took the car at 1000hrs and returned it back to us by 1730hrs the same day! Maybe that gives you hope.
The did the oil service only today after a second phone call car booked in late December for 3 days got a loan car

CH47AV8R

I rarely use them in the dark.
Volume on the steering wheel.
If I need to adjust climate controls I hit the climate button and use the screen.
Usually only to turn the climate control off of on.

s3bax

Go Kart Newbie
Sometimes I just want to drop the temp a few degrees, it's easier just to press the button a few times.

Anyways.. Does anyone know what rear wiper should I get? I bought the Bosch Aerotwin A863S front wipers, but can't find which one is for the rear.

Braxton

Passed Driver's Ed
I was thinking about opening up the infotainment screen to see if there's a way to add a light to the buttons. Maybe 4 small LEDS spread out evenly.

Reactions: tos

tos

Go Kart Newbie
Touch sliders works with infrared, what happens when there are more light?
See this

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Touch sliders works with infrared, what happens when there are more light?
See this
The power button is illuminated, so lord knows why they didn’t light up the rest of them, it must be due to a functionality limitation in my opinion.

Reactions: tos

p.eTSI

Passed Driver's Ed
Just to add another data point, our 1.5 eTSI (build week 29/2020) was in for its 2nd annual service today and received the 91CU and 90S8 service campaigns.

Campaign 91CU updated the Device Part Number from no suffix to suffix G, and the Infotainment Software from 1668 to 1896. I'm not sure what 90S8 does.

<images removed>

After the update I had to log in with my email and password on the infotainment screen. On the first attempt it displayed 'loading settings' for a couple of minutes before failing to load. It worked on the second attempt, though. I then set the primary user using the two key method.

However, the biggest inconvenience is that all the user settings have been lost - including radio presets, satnav favourites and vehicle settings.

ANYONE WHO IS TAKING THEIR CAR TO THE DEALER FOR THE 91CU SOFTWARE UPDATE IS STRONGLY ADVISED TO MAKE A NOTE OF THEIR PREFERENCES BEFOREHAND.

if it's any help, here is my list of the type of settings to be recorded and subsequently re-entered:
Assist Menu
- Front Assist Active
- Advance Warning - Medium etc
- All others 'On'
- In Assist settings (top left of Assist screen) set Eco Assist on/off
Adaptive Cruise Control
- Driving Profile - Comfort
- Last Distance - Selected
- Road Layout Preview - On/Off
- Speed Limit Preview - On/Off
Dynamic Road Sign DIsplay
- Speed Warning - On/Off
Vehicle Menu
- Cockpit DIsplay Eco Tips - On/Off
- Synchronous Mirrors - On/Off
- Lower in Reverse - On/Off
- Door Locking - single door / all doors
Reset the View/Settings for the Virtual Cockpit Display
Turn on Ambient Lighting and Reset the Colour
Reset Radio Station Favourites
Re-pair Mobile Phones
Re-enter phone favourites
Set Satnav Volume - Mute/Unmute
Re-enter Satnav favourites
S-PIN - on/off

Hope this is of some interest.

I haven't had time to check the improved responsiveness of the screen or the abrupt gearbox downshifts that have been reported by some other forum members, but I'll post some driving impressions in the next couple of days.

We've also recently gone from 1668 to 1896. I wish we'd read this helpful post earlier - we have lost all settings listed above and it's so frustrating!

It seems the updated knocked out the SIM/data plan and so the car was not 'online'. It took a few attempts to toggle this back to active.

Furthermore, we cannot even log back in to the Infotainment system using our ID as before the service. After entering username/password correctly, we are prompted with a "Sorry, this function is unavailable". We've tried across 2 weeks now.

So we're stuck with using a 'Guest' account. Maybe that's not such a bad thing if on the next service we'd be back in this position anyway?!

MrGolf112

I have taken my car to the dealer today for a software update as I booked it in for a service and they said it was showing an update is available for the car which I thought was the major update which was announced by VW earlier in the year.

However I was contacted by the dealer to say they have been unable to complete the software update as VW have removed the update so it can no longer be applied and I will have to take it back when VW release the update again.

Has anyone else experienced this as they say they have applied this update to lots of cars recently but it's only been taken down in the last few days.

I thought this was going to fix the software issues I have been experiencing so frustrating VW have really messed up with the Golf MK8