GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

AngusC

I have taken my car to the dealer today for a software update as I booked it in for a service and they said it was showing an update is available for the car which I thought was the major update which was announced by VW earlier in the year.

However I was contacted by the dealer to say they have been unable to complete the software update as VW have removed the update so it can no longer be applied and I will have to take it back when VW release the update again.

Has anyone else experienced this as they say they have applied this update to lots of cars recently but it's only been taken down in the last few days.

I thought this was going to fix the software issues I have been experiencing so frustrating VW have really messed up with the Golf MK8

I also took my Golf for a service and software update (91CU) yesterday and was told when I collected it that the software hadn't been updated as the update had been "pulled' by VW.

Like you I find this extremely frustrating. I was hoping to have decent stable software after 2 years but it seems not.

What really annoys me is that VW don't seem to care about the impact this has on their customers. No apology or acknowledgement at all from VW (the dealer was apologetic but ultimately not their fault). My wife and I have owned 11 VW group cars in the past 20 years - it is highly unlikely we will buy another one.

Last edited:

MrGolf112

Glad it's not just me this happend too. Yea same dealer apologised as I will have to take it in again whenever this updated appears again god knows when that will be really frustrating. They gave me courtesy car as it was supposed to be in for 2 days it's really embarrassing. Shame was looking forward to finally getting this sorted.

M4ttV

Passed Driver's Ed
Just had the same. Tried to book into Citygate West London to get 91CU done but told they had such a backlog they could not do it until the new year. So was advised to book into Citygate Ruislip as they could do it with my service. Just picked the car up and it has not been done as the update has been pulled. Can't tell me when I can get it done and won't add me to a list to be contacted etc. Just told me to speak to VW. So 5 hours travelling there and back twice for nothing. To make it worse they did 90S8 and during this they managed to get the Rear Traffic Alert error to occur. Ruislip can't do calibration of this so now I have to take it to West London. So 2 cars and 2.5 years later and still not got a software update.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
So the 91CU service campaign has been revised to version 4 and now the infotainment gets updated to 1899.
Also a new service campaign OUF1 is out and it seems is only for those that have had the 91CU applied to their Golf 8 and got the 1896 infotainment software. There is still no documentation on Erwin but it seems that the infotainment will get the newer 1899 software online (OTA)…

Attachments

• 4E14C3B1-F603-4B3F-B486-6A32A25BEFBE.jpeg
    4E14C3B1-F603-4B3F-B486-6A32A25BEFBE.jpeg
    347.8 KB · Views: 288

mageor

Passed Driver's Ed
So the 91CU service campaign has been revised to version 4 and now the infotainment gets updated to 1899.
Also a new service campaign OUF1 is out and it seems is only for those that have had the 91CU applied to their Golf 8 and got the 1896 infotainment software. There is still no documentation on Erwin but it seems that the infotainment will get the newer 1899 software online (OTA)…
Thank you Massimo. Any news on those Golf mk8s that they did not get the 1896 and remained on 1668 after applying the 91CU RECALL ?

M4ttV

Passed Driver's Ed
Just had the same. Tried to book into Citygate West London to get 91CU done but told they had such a backlog they could not do it until the new year. So was advised to book into Citygate Ruislip as they could do it with my service. Just picked the car up and it has not been done as the update has been pulled. Can't tell me when I can get it done and won't add me to a list to be contacted etc. Just told me to speak to VW. So 5 hours travelling there and back twice for nothing. To make it worse they did 90S8 and during this they managed to get the Rear Traffic Alert error to occur. Ruislip can't do calibration of this so now I have to take it to West London. So 2 cars and 2.5 years later and still not got a software update.
So this morning the car alarm goes off constantly and the car battery is flat. Called out roadside assistance and there theory is the Rear Traffic Alert error meant the sensor / camera could not connect to the main computer so on ignition off it did not get the signal and stayed on running down the battery. Car now at the dealers again where the SOS and front assist errors also lit up like a Christmas tree as I drove in. Should get 91CU at the same time, as as per Massimo they confirmed it was now available again.

s3bax

Go Kart Newbie
Hopefully this will fix the issues with the gear changes/battery regen.

Reactions: tos

Handydave

Go Kart Newbie
@Massimo 2323 Do you think OUF1 will come over-the-air (if so, it seems strange that it’s listed as a service campaign?), or is it maybe another workshop update to enable future OTA updates?

Reactions: tos

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
@Massimo 2323 Do you think OUF1 will come over-the-air (if so, it seems strange that it’s listed as a service campaign?), or is it maybe another workshop update to enable future OTA updates?

I already know of a Golf 8 in Germany with 91CU service done a while back and has recieved the 1899 update online a couple days ago…
For those with the Gateway B or 166x and no 91CU still no news…

mageor

Passed Driver's Ed
After I installed the C gateway, I asked my local vw workshop to reapply the 91cu update. They installed it but the software version still remained 1668. Is there any possibility that may have done something wrong?