GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

Antsyy

thanks for this the key is kept in the kitchen at the back of the house, will check if it is flashing or not. Watched a YouTube video of VAG Italy about changing the battery and they said when using Keyless it’s lasts about 6 months.
Hi, i have had golf 8 now 1,5 year and never changed key battery and yes i have keyless access.

Reactions: tos

Jedi86615

Thought I'd share this since I hadn't seen it posted:

Autocar reports that VW is planning on upgrading the SoC in the infotainment system for better performance, and software updates for enhanced touch and voice input.

No mention of backlit controls, but hey, who knows.

Since this is a UK news outlet, I'm not sure if these updates have already made it to the US models.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/...e-golf-infotainment-new-software-and-hardware
Hi

Did anyone find out which cars would have the new hardware? Im about to order a car which has a build week 8 ( February). The article suggests 2022, however unsure as to when they would implement this.

This article just mentions 2022: https://uk.motor1.com/news/555244/2022-vw-golf-infotainment-upgrade/

This article mentions production with the new system should have started by now: https://www.drive.com.au/news/2022-...ainment-amid-criticism-in-line-for-australia/

Both the dealer and VWUK can't comment and have mentioned that it is the factory that know and no way to find out until the car is actually in their hands!

How can a dealer not know which updates are due? surely they can speak to head office?

Any help welcome.

Thank you in advance

T-bro

Just got back from the dealer. Update to 1890 successful!

Device part number: 5H0035816J
Software: 1890

Unfortunately I am not in the UK so I can't comment on the MPH/KMH ACC error.

I will report back in a couple of days to let you know if the responsiveness of the infotainment has improved (on the short drive back from the dealer it seemed more responsive).

Reactions: tos

Jedi86615

Just got back from the dealer. Update to 1890 successful!

Device part number: 5H0035816J
Software: 1890

Unfortunately I am not in the UK so I can't comment on the MPH/KMH ACC error.

I will report back in a couple of days to let you know if the responsiveness of the infotainment has improved (on the short drive back from the dealer it seemed more responsive).
Thank you

Good to know that the 1890 update is being rolled out. I was wondering if anyone knew when the new hardware, as the article suggested, would be placed into production?

The article is vague and the dealer has not even heard of the new hardware change.

Handydave

Passed Driver's Ed
Thank you

Good to know that the 1890 update is being rolled out. I was wondering if anyone knew when the new hardware, as the article suggested, would be placed into production?

The article is vague and the dealer has not even heard of the new hardware change.
According to @Massimo 2323 (who knows about these things) the new hardware won't become available until model year 2023. Here's his post:
https://www.golfmk8.com/forums/inde...oying-infotainment-system.392166/post-7749102

The new model year is usually introduced in the summer of the previous year, after the factory shutdown. So MY23 after August 2022?

Massimo 2323

Go Kart Newbie
Well a bit of a surprise was this from a new Golf 8 owner in Germany where the infotainment hardware number was 58 instead of 56 and has 1890 installed from factory. If this is the new hardware with the samsung chip we dont know yet.
79E132AE-8510-4DB6-8B04-80E5C9BA5EB9.jpeg

Attachments

• AB9AB417-8482-4E39-9382-4F90E6DFF75F.png
    AB9AB417-8482-4E39-9382-4F90E6DFF75F.png
    6.5 MB · Views: 18

SRGTD

Go Kart Champion
According to @Massimo 2323 (who knows about these things) the new hardware won't become available until model year 2023. Here's his post:
https://www.golfmk8.com/forums/inde...oying-infotainment-system.392166/post-7749102

The new model year is usually introduced in the summer of the previous year, after the factory shutdown. So MY23 after August 2022?

VW’s next year’s main model year changes always used to be incorporated into vehicle production from build week 22 (so end of May / beginning of June). Some years there were further minor tweaks to vehicle specs from build week 45. I’m not sure if VW still stick to these weeks - it all seemed to change at the time of the WLTP fiasco but VW may have reverted back to build week 22 for the main model year changes.

Jedi86615

Well a bit of a surprise was this from a new Golf 8 owner in Germany where the infotainment hardware number was 58 instead of 56 and has 1890 installed from factory. If this is the new hardware with the samsung chip we dont know yet.
View attachment 235932
Thanks, i saw your previous post suggesting MY23 cars, however i wonder if there is any way to confirm if the H58 hardware is the new samsung chip