GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

LiamApex

Hello All -
This is relating to the gearbox Jerk so many of us are complaining about, anyone got any idea when the software fix actually is coming for it? as so many of us are realising, 1899 does not fix the gearbox jerking and its still a royal pain in the arse.

i have a complaint with VW UK open to try and get some info, i am so sick of the gearbox jerking.

m3iss3li

I have a complaint open on it with the dealer as well. The car is in currently for infotainment issues - I'll update if they comment something on the open TPI for jerky gearbox. Interesting stuff with the AC - will try that myself once I get the car back.

zniper

So last week I took my MK8 Golf Variant R Line Business (MY early 2022 - with hardware H56 / ABT hardware H42 / ABT Software 3080) to the dealer so that they can update the firmware to 1899 top hopefully solve the restart issues (Identical to https://www.golfmk8.com/forums/index.php?threads/infotainment-system-rebooting.415550/), I then got a newer Golf 8 R line with H58 hardware and I must say it was a lot faster but what I really liked the most is that the map is displayed between the two dials. Is there a way to change mine from the two blocks map to between the dials?

Been lurking for a while and decided to make my first post.
20230215_081041.jpg
20230215_081051.jpg

Last edited:

Dhiller007

So last week I took my MK8 Golf Variant R Line Business (MY early 2022 - with hardware H56 / ABT hardware H42 / ABT Software 3080) to the dealer so that they can update the firmware to 1899 top hopefully solve the restart issues (Identical to https://www.golfmk8.com/forums/index.php?threads/infotainment-system-rebooting.415550/), I then got a newer Golf 8 R line with H58 hardware and I must say it was a lot faster but what I really liked the most is that the map is displayed between the two dials. Is there a way to change mine from the two blocks map to between the dials?

Been lurking for a while and decided to make my first post.
View attachment 273291View attachment 273292
No sadly... this requires the newer H58 hardware. Maybe in the future with an update but I wouldn't count on it.

zniper

Last year end November there were quite a few articles posted that VW is busy writing new “new 3.0 software” that would be released sometime in the Winter that would be fixing a lot of the bugs and speeds up the system.

https://www.carscoops.com/2022/11/v...-new-infotainment-is-bad-vows-to-fix-it-asap/

Hopefully this comes soon *and OTA ;)

I have the map between the dials on my H56.
Do you have Discover Media or Discover Media Pro?
And is your System information the same as mine?
20230215_081004(1).jpg

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
The map between the dials has nothing to do with the infotainment software but has to do with the software/firmware of the AID display and the latest My23 Golf 8 have got updated software/hardware with this functionality.

m3iss3li

I have H56 and SW1896. Car is My21. Maybe some HW has been switched earlier, I'm the second owner.

zniper

I see on German VW Golf forums that some people are talking about version 1900 coming (some new skoda's got them already). So let's hope for updates soon.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Yes, correct. But actually with the "square" format dials as shown in the picture few posts ago. And I'm on Discovery Pro.

The full map with square dials is different from the map in the middle of the 2 round dials.
The first version is available sice the first Golf 8 while the latter only from my23 Golf 8.