GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

Oberman

Hello All..
My name is Theo and I own a 2020 Golf8 eTSI and has the latest firmware
I am still suffering major problems which occur mainly in cold weather, say 5 deg C and lower.
All the problems of other users, I have them too.. The biggest problem is the 48V battery fault. When at low temperatures, the battery is not charging properly (Li-Ion problem)
After two day in a row with low temperatures, the dash is giving me a 48V warning, and after that even a 12V warning. If I keep on driving the car stops by itself and I have to call the dealer!
The car has been to the dealer many times, and they know the problems excists but they can NOT replace parts under warrenty because there are NO faults stored in the cars memory...?
Does anyone know why this is not stored?? Or are only real FAULTS stored and NOT Warings..?
Also the fault with the Assists are NOT stored.. I even took foto's and video's of the faults but that seems not enough proof of the faults. So this is becoming a real pain.. The wife does not want to drive the car anymore because of all the beeps and popups...
And that says a lot!
Many thanks.. Theo

RyRyNotBryBry

I’ve got a 22 plate on 1890 it’s been on this since delivery. It’s in for its first service soon and I’ve mentioned about upgrading the software while it’s in but JCT600 UK are saying there isn’t any updates. Anything I can do?

Last edited:

TwoSheds

When you say you ‘ mentioned about upgrading the software ‘ did you have a particular issue to rectify ?

If not I would stick with 1890.
Just had my first service & was pleased there were no upgrades as I have had no issues & didn’t want to introduce any.

MickeyW

Hi all,

For the last few weeks (worked fine up until now) the automatic steering wheel heating due to outside temperatures is not working. I have had it set to High but every time I enter the car it sets the steering wheel heating to low. When I enter the setup menu it is set to OFF. When I change it to whatever level it just goes back to OFF. This is not an issue with seat heating, that part is working fine. Another annoying VW bug. I am seriously considering getting rid of the car and buying an Audi or BMW. I have bugs every so often and after almost 2 years of ownership, TBH I have had it... Ex. SOS error, traffic assist error, rear parking camera error etc, etc. All well documented "false/positive" errors.

Has anyone else had this steering wheel heating bug? Does it again need to go to a dealer?

Regards
T-bro
Hey @MickeyW, thanks for sharing your experience. Let me know if yours magically fixes itself before you go to the dealer and I'll notify you of the same aswell.
T-Bro, An update re the heated steering wheel. Message appeared on info screen on Saturday stating car systems require updating. Took courage in both hands and touched yes. On completion thought I’d check the steering wheel ‘on in cold weather when starting’ screen and was pleased to see that it appeared to look different and when I chose a starting temperature it held the information rather than reverting to off, although it wasn’t. Been out this morning and started the car three times with different settings. Each time it came on at the required temperature. I’m hopeful that all may be fixed. Time will tell. Trust that this change has now reached you. Regards, Mickey W

tos

Go Kart Newbie
It forgets climatronic randomly settings in my car too..

but i found "solution" from guest-profile settings. Somehow car get the guest profile clima settings to my main user profile.

zniper

Does anyone know if there is a way to stop the out of data bundle notification every time I start my car? It's driving me insane to see the notification icon.

UPL02

A question... are you still receiving OTA updates? The last software update that I got was 1896 in June 2022 (if I remember well) on my MY22 with H58. I don't have any recall campaign for my VIN (and never had one).

Did they stop updating at all to avoid further bugs?

tos

Go Kart Newbie
My latest OTA was for Background system services at 4.2.2023
OTA for shop at 15.11.2022

fw1896/H56

LMWT

Go Kart Newbie
Does anyone know if there is a way to stop the out of data bundle notification every time I start my car? It's driving me insane to see the notification icon.
I've got used to ignoring or deleting it and if that's the way it has to be the only "good" thing about it - if there are two notifications, there's usually a software update available.

Reactions: tos

samgti16v

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi there,
I’ve just had my Golf R-Line 1.5 eTSI in for a software update at the dealer. It’s been updated from 1890 to 1899. I have noticed that the steering seems to be lighter than it was before. Even in individual mode with steering set to sport it seems to be lighter than it used to. Has anyone else experienced this?
IMG_3810.jpeg
IMG_3819.jpeg

tos

Go Kart Newbie
Serviced today:

5F Multimedia

Software number: 5H0035820J -> 5H0035820L
Software version: 1896 -> 1899 (not 1941 yet for me, original 1803 -> 1890 -> 1896)

08 Air Conditioning

Software number: 5WA907007K -> 5WA907007Q
Software version: 3130 -> 3440

Maybe this helps for seat heating and windscreen foggy problems.

samgti16v

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi,

Has anyone tried updating their MIB3 system themselves. I’ve found a website with the new 1941 update file on it and was wondering if anyone had tried to do the update with a USB-C stick.

I have used files from website before to update mib2 so was wondering if anyone has given it a go with their mk8 golf mib3 system.

I have put a link to a YouTube video where someone does it themselves:

The update file is called MOI3_EU_VW_R9410L(1941)