GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

stefanox

Passed Driver's Ed
Just tried it as you suggested. All settings exactly as you described.
Doesn't work for me.
VW nav works fine and goes into dark mode automatically.
Android Auto only changes to Dark mode when overall VW settings are changed to dark. No auto change for Google Maps via Android Auto.
Had the car from new for 12 months tried repeatedly with many permutations - nothing works.
Will leave in VW dark mode and use Google Maps in dark mode 24/7 as I e had to do over the past year.
Same here. AA and vw nav can not work together SAD

s3bax

Go Kart Newbie
I got my car back today after they replaced (or whatever they did) the infotainment unit (or whatever part related to it).

This is the old system info:
20230516_235840.jpg

This is the new one:
20230527_124807.jpg

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
S3bac I’m rather surprised they didn’t bother to update the software to at least to what you had before.. 1898 to 1899 and navigation from 21.7 to 23.3. At least you have newer hardware. Up from H56 to H58.

s3bax

Go Kart Newbie
S3bac I’m rather surprised they didn’t bother to update the software to at least to what you had before.. 1898 to 1899 and navigation from 21.7 to 23.3. At least you have newer hardware. Up from H56 to H58.
Navigation should update by itself and software if I remember correctly I got 1899 via OTA so I should be able to get it again via OTA.

Last edited:

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Navigation should update by itself and software if I remember correctly I got 1899 via OTA so I should be able to get it again via OTA.
I know someone else who had his infotainment exchanged from H56 to H58 and 1899 to 1896 but never got the OTA update ( before he had the OUF1 recall - 1896 to 1899). The way i understand it you only get the OTA updates if a service campaign is available:
OUB1/OUB2 - 17xx/180x to 1896
OUF1 - 1896 to 1899 ( 91CU recall done)
OUG1 - 144 OCU update

s3bax

Go Kart Newbie
No idea how this works and I also don't really care about 1899 since it did not fix the issues I had. I just hope they release the new one circulating here that seems to fix the infotainment.

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
My 2020 Golf has H56 and 1899. Currently there is only one thing that is not right with it - on minor roads with a 60mph speed limit the speedo shows that I should be doing 30mph. I can live with that considering all the previous issues (too long to list).

Manicmillions

Well nearly 6 months on I'm still waiting for whatever component fried during 91CU/1899 update to be replaced (I assume GPS related since it's navigation and ACC mph/kph that's broken). Dealer claims to be checking weekly but who knows, I wouldn't have thought there would be this long a waiting list. Apart from that, the main annoyances are the random reboots and the braking issues (ECU?).
One day they'll be able to fix issues without introducing more... Right??

clubsport452021

Had my Golf for 12 months now. Never had a significant OTA update, just small ones.
Car supplied at new with 1896 and H58, still has 1896 and H58 one year later.
Not a single issue with the car from day one. The car just drives and behaves as expected.

H58 hardware is pretty solid. It's the early H56 which is problematic. 1941 didn't make a huge difference to me but I didn't have it that long before the car went in for a new steering wheel to fix Emergency/Travel Assist issues. Waited 6 weeks for the steering wheel.......it was the wrong one so have to wait again.

BlackShadow250

H58 is solid and H56 makes problems? No! The only important thing in the MIB3 unit is the ARM processor (CPU, GPU, RAM) and between H56 and H58 the ARM hasn't changed. Only the software makes the difference. ;)

MY20 with H56 and Software 1896 run's same as MJ23 with H58 and Software 1896. Only the initial software from H56 (e.g. SW16xx) makes problems.

fantozzi.cz

My infotainmant unit has been replaced today from H56 (1899) to H58 (1898). First attempt to pair phone via BT caused unit restart :)
After replacement I have got problem with Shop (I am WeConnect Plus subscriber) - there is a message "The Shop version you are using is the old one. Make an update and try it again" - but there is no update available :)

Attachments

• IMG_6932.JPG
    IMG_6932.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 139