GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

RollCage

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
I doubt that backlit controls will appear any time soon - the all-electric ID.3 and ID.4 models have the same set up for volume and temperature adjustment below the infotainment screen and it isn’t backlit in those vehicles either. There've been quite a view negative comments by the motoring press about lack of backlighting for heating and volume controls in various reviews of the Golf / ID.3 / ID.4, so if this was being addressed by VW, I’d have expected it to have got a mention in the Autocar article and other similar articles that are doing the rounds in the motoring press just now.

VW no doubt feel that the ‘major revision to the voice recognition control’ that’s mentioned in the article addresses the issue for temperature adjustment (do all Golfs have voice control?), and there are the buttons on the steering wheel for volume adjustment.

Whether backlighting of these controls appear come mid-life facelift time of the Golf ………who knows? 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: tos

T-bro

Passed Driver's Ed
I will be calling my dealer first thing Monday morning about this update and will report back here.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Yes you and 150000 Golf owners😂😂😂😉👍
Put me in there too…
It should take 3-4 hours for the software update. Also we are finally getting the proper online updates like the IDx.. so no more going to the workshop for these control unit updates.
Also the new hardware will be installed on My23 Cars, around June 2022, according to a news outlet…Some other say it is already installed in my22 build week 48…
They have again upgraded some of the control units for the week 48 my22 built cars ( Infotainment , RVC , Gateway, ecc).
There are 2 software versions right know : 1810 and now 1890. The 1890 seems to be the big software update with full online updates…

T-bro

Passed Driver's Ed
Well surprise, surprise, the lead technician did read the same article as we did, but nothing officially yet from VW and no update for my car yet (he checked via VIN number). It is shocking to me that the dealer did not receive an official statement from VW before the press release went public. Will check again in two weeks.

Scal

Well surprise, surprise, the lead technician did read the same article as we did, but nothing officially yet from VW and no update for my car yet (he checked via VIN number). It is shocking to me that the dealer did not receive an official statement from VW before the press release went public. Will check again in two weeks.
I'm still waiting from my master technician to supply me a report on my MK8 GTI issues, it has been over 2 weeks and everytime I ring they just tell me, he will ring you back!

Scal

'Customer feedback has a key role to play. Integrating customer feedback in the further development of products and services is becoming a crucial strength when it comes to competing for the most satisfied customers. With its ACCELERATE strategy, Volkswagen has aligned numerous processes even more closely to the needs of customers – from the early development phase through to the offer of digital services and visits to dealerships.'
What a lot of BS, the most advance Golf! For over 5 months I have told VWGA of issues with my car, they didn't want to know.
So the question I have what are they going to do about issues with the current MK8 cars?
Software is only part of the problem, design is also the issue, are they going to replace the car also?

airforced

Passed Driver's Ed
Does anyone in the UK have any idea when this software will be rolled out and how they intend to do it, ie by build date, sale date or what.

NB As my voice control has started only working when it feels like it (new steering wheel and 1668 software) I'll believe it when I see it. I note that the reg number on the car in the video starts with a BS! Significant or what?

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
If you go to the thread ‘Praise be. VW has overhauled the Golf 8’s annoying infotainment system’ Massimo 3232 explains in detail the timeline for the introduction of the major software update.

airforced

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks Maturedriver I somehow had missed that. It all makes perfect sense what Massimo has said but am still a little concerned as it is VW after all. I'll wait and see if anything comes in the post before getting on to the Dealer.

tos

Go Kart Newbie

Attachments

• Näyttökuva 2021-12-30 174509.jpg
    Näyttökuva 2021-12-30 174509.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 1,249

airforced

Passed Driver's Ed
Please note that he info contained in the post by tos ONLY relates to VW's in Australia. There may be a similar facility on the VW UK site but I haven't looked yet. If I find anything I'll report back.

Reactions: tos

tos

Go Kart Newbie
Please note that he info contained in the post by tos ONLY relates to VW's in Australia. There may be a similar facility on the VW UK site but I haven't looked yet. If I find anything I'll report back.
Yes, but I live in Finland ;)

It shows OCU recall before... now it shows 90S8.

Those updated part numbers is from Erwin with my VIN nunber.