GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

tomocernec

@tomocernec is the infotainment more responsive/less laggy than before? How about the boot times?
I dont know yet, at the moment the same for me when i have 1668 (later 1666 (was more laggy/longer boot time then 1668)) and the boot time tomorrow i will see (when i will wake up the car and the temeperature will be 0°), report then :)

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
Has anyone been approached by their VW dealer and offered the very latest software update or has it been a case of customers asking/demanding the update?

mash_man

I have not heard about pro active updates other than de emergency call issue update.

I got my Golf 8 style 1.5etsi 110kw yesterday with nav pro and am running 1804.

Not seeing any major issues yet.

T-bro

Passed Driver's Ed
Something I didn't indicate in my previous post on this topic - Service record for my car now states that my car got 'CAMPAIGN 91BU CRIT 01' update. Car was serviced just before Christmas, thought all would be good but surprise surprise I'm now getting the exact same error messages apppearing as before - these are from today 06.01.2022...............
What SW version are you on? I have the exact same errors you have on version 1803. They happen every 3-4 weeks.

Handydave

Go Kart Newbie
Service record for my car now states that my car got 'CAMPAIGN 91BU CRIT 01' update.
The 91BU recall is a software update for the OCU communication module. It fixes the problem where the car loses connection to the VW servers (greyed out globe). At least it did on my car.

Nothing to do with the parking aids.

T-bro

Passed Driver's Ed
When I had the car service and saw that on the Service record entry I thought that it might solve the parking errors, rest is history. After your reply I called the dealer and asked about the update and they told me as you have what it was for - should have asked when collecting the car. All that update has done for me was introduce me to that annoying message "Traffic hazard warning is currently restricted" which appears off and on despite me (I hope) switching it off in the UI.
Bottom line is nothing has changed and continue to get those parking aid errors. Have the car a year in mid January - WHEN WILL IT END?:mad:
Hopefully with the 1810/1890 update. Fingers crossed. 🤞

Martinbury

Passed Driver's Ed
So, I’ve got my GTD back tonight, complete with the 1890 software update. Have only driven it back from the dealership (20 miles), but the ACC, speed limit signpost recognition and Travel Assist all worked extremely well. Not had much chance to play much further, but all seems good so far. Will keep an eye out over the next few weeks to see how other parts/systems work.

T-bro

Passed Driver's Ed
So, I’ve got my GTD back tonight, complete with the 1890 software update. Have only driven it back from the dealership (20 miles), but the ACC, speed limit signpost recognition and Travel Assist all worked extremely well. Not had much chance to play much further, but all seems good so far. Will keep an eye out over the next few weeks to see how other parts/systems work.
Could you please share on which SW version were you on before the update? Also did you specifically tell the dealer to update to 1890?

Martinbury

Passed Driver's Ed
Could you please share on which SW version were you on before the update? Also did you specifically tell the dealer to update to 1890?
Previously on 1803. Quoted the TPI that Massimo listed on the previous page to ask them to look at the software update. I’d already logged a fault with the dealership about the faults with ACC etc, so they had a reason from me to investigate and therefore once satisfied that this TPI covered my complaint, apply the updated software to my car. Hope this helps.

ah184

Passed Driver's Ed
I’m a bit confused with all this. The version I have is 1668 and the only problem I seem to have is that the sat nav takes a while to initialise but once up it works fine. I don’t have any issues with random ACC/sign MPH/KPH and undertaking errors or parking sensors. So what other problems should I be experiencing with this version?

Petercoll

Passed Driver's Ed
Just had my UK Golf software updated. My issues were ACC slowing me down as it thought I was undertaking (when I was actually overtaking), incorrect speed display (110, 90 etc) and lights reverting to driving on the right.
I booked it in myself, and referenced TPI 2063230/3 and the fact that this included software version 1890.
They seem to have applied 1890 ok.
Tomorrow I find out if it has worked !
The dealer was Inchcape at Telford.

Pete

Petercoll

Passed Driver's Ed
Just had my UK Golf software updated. My issues were ACC slowing me down as it thought I was undertaking (when I was actually overtaking), incorrect speed display (110, 90 etc) and lights reverting to driving on the right.
I booked it in myself, and referenced TPI 2063230/3 and the fact that this included software version 1890.
They seem to have applied 1890 ok.
Tomorrow I find out if it has worked !
The dealer was Inchcape at Telford.

Pete

Just noticed something else. Previously I had “Device part number“ 5H0035820F. I now appear to 5H0035820H.

I guess that means I have new hardware too i.e. a new infotainment unit.

Pete