GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Well a bit of a surprise was this from a new Golf 8 owner in Germany where the infotainment hardware number was 58 instead of 56 and has 1890 installed from factory. If this is the new hardware with the samsung chip we dont know yet.
79E132AE-8510-4DB6-8B04-80E5C9BA5EB9.jpeg

Attachments

• AB9AB417-8482-4E39-9382-4F90E6DFF75F.png
    AB9AB417-8482-4E39-9382-4F90E6DFF75F.png
    6.5 MB · Views: 113

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
According to @Massimo 2323 (who knows about these things) the new hardware won't become available until model year 2023. Here's his post:
https://www.golfmk8.com/forums/inde...oying-infotainment-system.392166/post-7749102

The new model year is usually introduced in the summer of the previous year, after the factory shutdown. So MY23 after August 2022?

VW’s next year’s main model year changes always used to be incorporated into vehicle production from build week 22 (so end of May / beginning of June). Some years there were further minor tweaks to vehicle specs from build week 45. I’m not sure if VW still stick to these weeks - it all seemed to change at the time of the WLTP fiasco but VW may have reverted back to build week 22 for the main model year changes.

Jedi86615

Well a bit of a surprise was this from a new Golf 8 owner in Germany where the infotainment hardware number was 58 instead of 56 and has 1890 installed from factory. If this is the new hardware with the samsung chip we dont know yet.
View attachment 235932
Thanks, i saw your previous post suggesting MY23 cars, however i wonder if there is any way to confirm if the H58 hardware is the new samsung chip

T-bro

Passed Driver's Ed
Short update from my side regarding the 1890 update. The infotainment is more responsive, boot up times are faster, the navigation boots up much quicker.

Let me know if you want me to test anything specific.

Jedi86615

Short update from my side regarding the 1890 update. The infotainment is more responsive, boot up times are faster, the navigation boots up much quicker.

Let me know if you want me to test anything specific.
That sounds good. From my understanding, they've reduced the background app boot up and running to allow for the most useful apps to run smoother.

Are the temperature and volume sliders any less Laggy?

T-bro

Passed Driver's Ed
That sounds good. From my understanding, they've reduced the background app boot up and running to allow for the most useful apps to run smoother.

Are the temperature and volume sliders any less Laggy?
TBH I have never found the sliders to be laggy, maybe on one or two occasions so I can't comment on that. I will test them out for you by giving continuous inputs and "try to get them to lag" :)

M4ttV

Passed Driver's Ed
Has anyone got a car with 16xx updated to 1810 or 1890 yet?

SimonGC

Passed Driver's Ed
Just to update, after 2 weeks my Golf 8 style etsi is still with the dealer (Peter Cooper, Shirley) following the update recall
9088-1 they applied resulted in most of the assist systems becoming unavailable plus loss of other functions. VW Technical have tried 2 fixes thus far, both failed. Peter Cooper are at a loss and waiting for VW to come up with an answer. The car was fine before on 1803 software apart from random ACC KPH/MPH errors. At the moment the dealer can't fix it nor can VW. They seem, as always. out of their depth. Still no news what VW recall 9088-1 was supposed to achieve or whether it is 1890?

What a bl**dy mess !

Jedi86615

TBH I have never found the sliders to be laggy, maybe on one or two occasions so I can't comment on that. I will test them out for you by giving continuous inputs and "try to get them to lag" :)
Haha, thanks. I am all up for the modern day tech as long as its useable. Thats my main concern, the volume or temp controls being laggy when trying to achieve simple functions. I await mine in ? March, it's an unconfirmed BW but will see.

Handydave

Go Kart Newbie
TBH I have never found the sliders to be laggy,

That’s my main concern, the volume or temp controls being laggy when trying to achieve simple functions

Like @T-bro I have not found the temp or volume sliders to be laggy. They are not particularly convenient, but it’s not a show-stopper for me. Why? Because there are perfectly good volume controls on the steering wheel which are easy to use by the driver (not laggy). And once I’ve set the cabin temperature, I tend not to alter it, leaving it to the automatic climate control. (But I realise others may wish to adjust it frequently.)

Jedi86615

Like @T-bro I have not found the temp or volume sliders to be laggy. They are not particularly convenient, but it’s not a show-stopper for me. Why? Because there are perfectly good volume controls on the steering wheel which are easy to use by the driver (not laggy). And once I’ve set the cabin temperature, I tend not to alter it, leaving it to the automatic climate control. (But I realise others may wish to adjust it frequently.)
Thanks. That's good to know. Yeah, I only use the steering volume control in my current mk7. Now, I just need to get the car haha

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Hi there.. talking to friends in Italy and Germany they find the 1810 update ( from 1668) much better in general.. no problems with fault lights popping up, the reverse camera working fine, no more phone connection problems and AA wireless working great…

T-bro

Passed Driver's Ed
Quick report from my side. Driving with the 1890 update a week now. Parking sensor, rear traffic alerts and rear camera error did not pop up yet (although they only poped up every month or so) but the "become primary user" notification has poped up yesterday. I clicked the notification and it just went away. I immediately checked if I am indeed still the primary user and I was. I did not need to change anything. Probably just a temporary glitch where the car did not manage to access VW servers at that precise moment.

M4ttV

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi there.. talking to friends in Italy and Germany they find the 1810 update ( from 1668) much better in general.. no problems with fault lights popping up, the reverse camera working fine, no more phone connection problems and AA wireless working great…
Thanks. Have any of them then upgraded from 1810 to 1890?