GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
We dont know yet if the new hardware is the model between November 2021 and June 2022 unless VW give us that information..
According to a couple of german guys that are well informed about VW related things they say it isn’t…
The hardware H58 just seems strange .. we will find out😉

T-bro

Passed Driver's Ed
Quick update from my side having the 1890 update for two weeks now.

Today the car decided that it did not have issues with connectivity to VW servers for a long time and decided to not connect to them, just for good measures. I am od course talking about the “gray” globe issue. After three resets of the infotainment (via holding power button) the car still did not want to connect while the speakers clicked after each reset.
Mind you these were not the same clicks that happen when the esim fails and the globe and privacy settings dissapear.

So it seems that not even the 1890 is bug proof. I have lost hope that VW will sort this software but mind you I will still be the first in line for every new software update just to annoy my dealer who thinks that I am in the wrong every time I contact them.

Donald

Passed Driver's Ed
Had been told by VW Uk that 1666 is the last software for my Feb21 2ltr TDI S-Line with standard 10” Screen is this right.

aitcheff

Passed Driver's Ed
I have hardware 5H0035816B and I'm on software 1668. According to the table posted a bit further up by Massimo, I should be able to upgrade to 1810. However the TPI posted much further up sometime last year seemed to say that there was no new software release yet for my hardware at that time.

So if I wanted to quote a TPI to my dealer, is the one mentioned on this forum the one to quote or will there be a new TPI?

I few weeks ago I simply asked my dealer if there was an update for my car and he said no, but I don't think he d8d much checking.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
In the Uk and Ireland the TPI is still not out for 1810.. not sure if some other countries are the same…
So the workshop can do nothing until the TPI comes out..

Last edited:

NomYap

Taking my car in 9th March to get a bunch of things sorted out, hoping new update will be out in the UK by then!

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
Does anyone know if the latest software update will include adding the function that warns you if a car is about to come past when you start to open the door? Apparently it utilises the blind spot monitoring system.

Golfdek

Anyone had problems like this

Attachments

• 20220206_112040.jpg
    20220206_112040.jpg
    791.8 KB · Views: 390
  • 20220206_112044.jpg
    20220206_112044.jpg
    831.6 KB · Views: 390

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
I am getting the steering wheel replaced in a few weeks because of these two errors ... hopefully it fixes the problem...

Martinbury

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone had problems like this
I used to get them very frequently although only once in the last 3 months or so. I put it down to the fact that I don’t use the car very much as they were only ever displayed when I went to use it after a week or more. It seemed to me that not using the car steadily drained the battery and the display of these messages were as a result of the battery not having sufficient power to start the systems up. Once the car was started, the systems then started working fine. I also now keep my keys in Faraday pouches to stop the car talking to them. Apparently, if the key is moving and gets within a certain distance of the car, the car gets a number of systems ready in anticipation of it being used. Obviously, if it then isn’t used, this just further empties the battery. You can tell that communication is taking place when the little red light on the key is flashing. Not sure if any of this applies to you, but something else to consider. Hope you get it sorted.