GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
Here in the UK any issue you have with a product has to be taken up with the shop/dealer you bought it from. NOT the manufacturer. This is why any communication with a manufacturer will always refer you back to the shop/dealer. Obviously a shop/dealer will liaise with the manufacturer in an attempt to solve a problem.

Wallop

Go Kart Newbie
They need to apply Recall 91BU-W-OCU which fixed it for me.
It went in today for the service after last night one of those joyous episodes where the SOS warning appeared a few miles up the road and when i stopped for fuel i then had to suffer the loading screen and no music for the rest of the journey.
They had it all day and rang to say they'd sorted the SOS error but they said they needed to install a media update to sort out the KPH/MPH thing and they wanted to keep it overnight to do this tomorrow,I declined this and said i'll book it in another time.
So not exactly brimming with the prospect of it being sorted after reading most of the posts on here i picked the car up and you know what it seems to have worked! The update they applied is Recall 91CM-W-OCU I drove about 90 miles with absolutely no problem at all.
They also installed the Recall 90S8-S-Golf 8 MHEV which i have no idea what it does but the car seemed a to have a bit more poke in ECO mode on the Motorway??
It still did the KPH thing in the usual places but when i was driving it last night with the loading screen stuck i noticed i was getting messages in these same places like "limited info for this area predictive speed unavaillable" and the speed limit display would go blank.

tos

Go Kart Newbie
It went in today for the service after last night one of those joyous episodes where the SOS warning appeared a few miles up the road and when i stopped for fuel i then had to suffer the loading screen and no music for the rest of the journey.
They had it all day and rang to say they'd sorted the SOS error but they said they needed to install a media update to sort out the KPH/MPH thing and they wanted to keep it overnight to do this tomorrow,I declined this and said i'll book it in another time.
So not exactly brimming with the prospect of it being sorted after reading most of the posts on here i picked the car up and you know what it seems to have worked! The update they applied is Recall 91CM-W-OCU I drove about 90 miles with absolutely no problem at all.
They also installed the Recall 90S8-S-Golf 8 MHEV which i have no idea what it does but the car seemed a to have a bit more poke in ECO mode on the Motorway??
It still did the KPH thing in the usual places but when i was driving it last night with the loading screen stuck i noticed i was getting messages in these same places like "limited info for this area predictive speed unavaillable" and the speed limit display would go blank.

I had 90S8 also, see this
https://www.golfmk8.com/forums/index.php?threads/mhev-etsi-campaign-90s8.393313/

GAN

Passed Driver's Ed
Does anyone know what the most up to date software version for infotainment on Golf mk8 style 2020 build? I’m currently on 1668 and the dealer hasn’t a clue🤬

Nickand

Does anyone know what the most up to date software version for infotainment on Golf mk8 style 2020 build? I’m currently on 1668 and the dealer hasn’t a clue🤬
Coincidentally my Style 2020 was updated to 1778 over the air yesterday. I don't know if it's the latest but before the update I was at 1668 as well.

Handydave

Go Kart Newbie
Coincidentally my Style 2020 was updated to 1778 over the air yesterday. I don't know if it's the latest but before the update I was at 1668 as well.
I think this is the first report I’ve seen of the infotainment software version being updated OTA.

GAN

Passed Driver's Ed
After my 15th visit back to the workshop for a new SOS module and recall update, Bluetooth, app connect and no warning lights all working for my 30 minute journey home. But today back to no Bluetooth, no app connect & warning - travel assist limited 🤬🤬 16th visit booked. Requested that dealer take back the car. It’s now beyond a joke. It’s not the dealers fault but VW

Nickand

are you sure you have 1778? you would be the first case I ever heard...
It's 1788, my mistake. But, I'm 99% sure that I had 1668 or 1688 before that. Not really sure which one. I tried clicking on "show all updates" to see if there is a history of updates but it shows nothing.

Attachments

• IMG_9291.JPG
    IMG_9291.JPG
    398.3 KB · Views: 173

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Does your device part number finish with D? Because from D on they start with software 1788 ….
1668 is latest for earlier models. There is no 1688😉.

Even on mine the “Show all updates“ shows nothing 🤷‍♂️
Also so far the OTA full software update is disabled on the Golf 8 so i wonder how you would of recieved it without going to the workshop…

Last edited:

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
Does your device part number finish with D? Because from D on they start with software 1788 ….
1668 is latest for earlier models. There is no 1688😉.

Even on mine the “Show all updates“ shows nothing 🤷‍♂️
Also so far the OTA full software update is disabled on the Golf 8 so i wonder how you would of recieved it without going to the workshop…
‘OTA full software update is disabled’ 🤔🤔🤔? Presumably VW could enable it, meaning the inconvenience for both dealers and customers to update software at the workshop could be avoided 🤔🤔🤔?

Nickand

Guys, my device part number finishes with an "E". So apparently there is a possibility that I had 1788 all along but I could have sworn that I had 1668 in the past (unfortunately I have no photos). I'm sorry if I have caused some confusion 😞

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Dont be sorry..😉 i would be all over VW if someone got updated from 166x to 17xx or 18xx… its over a year that i am waiting for a software fix for the reverse camera that still shows flickering in the infotainment .. it’s so annoying…
Waiting for this 1810 that supposedly sorts it out but still not out in the UK or Ireland , just checked on Erwin….
Not sure if it’s true but looks like if you want a software update and you have no problems they will charge for the service.

Philster

Media controls on the steering wheel... Does anyone use these and do they work reliably? I have audio in one of the sub dials but moving between playlists and skip tracks using the steering wheel buttons is sporadic at best. Are others having this issue or is another case of wait for 1810? I'm on 1668 currently.

Thanks

Sythaera

Picked up my car just now with 1890.. It's alot faster at booting and way smoother when using the infotainment.

However, still no voice control for climate in Swedish. It's even advertised for on their swedish website. SMH.