GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

NomYap

Car got just back from the garage and they said they updated it to the latest software, is this true?
Worth mentioning that it's working as expected so far and seems swift enough :)

Attachments

• IMG_6124.jpg
    IMG_6124.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 600

tos

Go Kart Newbie
Your infotainment has a very old software 1668, the last one 1896 is coming...
They maybe updated something else

GAN

Passed Driver's Ed
1896 was released to dealers on the 08th March. So just been booked in for download 🤞that it resolves all issues🤞

Wallop

Go Kart Newbie
So today i made the journey where i always get the KPH/MPH malarkey and i can report that it is still doing it in all the same places only difference is that if i switch off the acc and switch it back on further along it seems to right itself.
So another visit to the dealers is in order.

dremavec

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi there your infotainment system is a Composition Media 8.25"display with 2 knobs.
View attachment 236965
Finally a test of the new hardware (in German, unfortunately).

The good news is that, at least for the Discovery Pro, the numbers suggest that the new hardware is already the one used in currently built cars! Screenshot from the video linked above.

Google Translate of the text under the YouTube video:
From now on, all vehicles with MIB 3 will be delivered with new hardware. The graphics card and processor should now be significantly more powerful and ensure (finally) better performance. In fact, you notice it: the system starts faster and runs more smoothly. The touchscreen is now also more intelligent and prevents operating errors. We show this using a Discover Pro. However, the voice control has remained at the level of 3 years ago. She's not really natural and not really intelligent. Even if there are software updates for existing vehicles, only new VW will probably benefit from the new hardware generation. Of course, this not only applies to the Golf 8, but to all vehicles based on this generation of the MIB III, such as the ID models.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220311_224737.jpg
    Screenshot_20220311_224737.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

NomYap

Your infotainment has a very old software 1668, the last one 1896 is coming...
They maybe updated something else
Damn, that sucks - why wouldn't they just update it to the latest?
Is there something that'd hold them back?

SimonGC

Passed Driver's Ed
So, since the two month stint without my car while Germany came up with a fix, it now seems to be working without any faults, now it is on 1890 and new device firmware, The "please drive in the centre of the road" seems to have completely disappeared and I have driven twice through the M27 slip road where it always reverts to KPH and it has stayed resolutely with MPH (no 45 90 and110 etc). Too early to claim a cure but good so far, fingers crossed, although it has taken well over a year to get there.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
So the TPI 2066316/1 for updating the 16xx software to 1896 is out in the UK and Ireland.
3 other TPI's point to this 2066316/1 as the solution:

2065214/2 - We Connect: message for emergency call system/online services not available/event entry U178500 (MOD3.2)
2063712/5 - Driver assistance systems, rear view camera: picture sometimes too dark/shown with delay
2066464/1 - We Connect: "Become main user" not possible/fails (SW16xx, SW1810) [MOD3.2]

There are other TPI's too but in German for now like Keyless Problems(2060781/4), side-assist or parking sensors not working(2064061/4) and various errors and problems with 16XX (2065241/3).

koolmacher

Passed Driver's Ed
Good to know, I'll be looking to book my car in as soon as possible and get off 1664 and hopefully onto more stable software which will stop the main infotainment screen from randomly crashing and rebooting when it feels like it 👍

Handydave

Go Kart Newbie
So the TPI 2066316/1 for updating the 16xx software to 1896 is out in the UK and Ireland.
3 other TPI's point to this 2066316/1 as the solution:
Are there criteria for applying 2066316/1 apart from the three other TPIs that you mention?

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
I am pretty sure the other tpi’s i mentioned that are available on the German Erwin will appear soon.
They only came out yesterday on the German Erwin.
There is a Tpi for the wireless charger problem (2058294/5):
1 - the phone is not charging,
and/or
2 - the charging process terminates after a while,
and
3- error message appears on the infotainment display about removing all objects even if there are no other objects apart the phone.
Only the following wireless module has this hardware problem: 5NA980611 with version less then 16S ( see image).
The part gets swapped for a newer version.

EA10190B-7702-4E24-A286-06E8819C8726.jpeg