GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

GAN

Passed Driver's Ed
21 visits to the dealership, in 24 months still no connection to mobile or app connect, also problems with travel assist tried to discuss with vw exect but still won’t admit there’s an software issue🤬🤬

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
The first update was for the navigation database to 22.3
Another update was about fixes for Shop, digital manual, general fixes
And then i recieved a third one regarding the cubic data plans…

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
21 visits to the dealership, in 24 months still no connection to mobile or app connect, also problems with travel assist tried to discuss with vw exect but still won’t admit there’s an software issue🤬🤬
Have they swapped the steering wheel?
So you have no connection to we connect app?
Is the globe on the infotainment system grey or white?
Have you tried calling the weconnect team to help you out?

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
Massimo, do you think a new steering wheel will sort my inoperative Tavel Assist. Can’t be the camera since the annoying Lane Assist still works (if I forget to turn it off)?

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
LMWT - Hopefully they will update the car. For the internet radio to work you need a data plan (Cubic) or use the phone hotspot to use the phone internet data.

So today a Golf 8 in Germany with 1804 got an online remote update and is downloading a 3.5 GB file. From the name of the file downloaded we know its the 1896 software update. We will have confirmation tomorrow when it gets updated.
This would be the first known Online software update on a Golf 8 were normally you would need to go to the workshop.
ORU.jpg

mageor

Passed Driver's Ed
Good morning to all. I own a Golf Style 3/2020 with 5H0035816A version of infotainment Discovery pro and 1668. I live in Greece. I visited the local vw dealership a month ago and they told me that they cannot apply the 189x version because there is another unit with b or c suffix... Is this possible? Massimo, has anything newer happened last weeks which makes the update finally applicable? Thank you in advance.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Yes the TPI mentions that the hardware part number of the Gateway control unit has to be 5WA907530C. If the part number ends with a different letter then the software update can't be applied. The good news is they are working on a solution for these control units.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks for the reply,

That word cubic (?????) was included in one of the notifications that appeared after I installed We Connect app, but I'm a bit lost with all that. Hope the promised update next week will go ahead and I will see some useful changes made to the IS and fix the unlock on approach problem.
I wonder will the 3.5GB file download only apply to Mk 8's with the updated hardware and software - time will tell, maybe VW will get their act together once and for all and also finally fix the driving errors that have haunted so many Mk 8 owners.
Well the car has the H56 hardware number and the software is 1804 so I would think that this type of software update is possible on all Golf 8 Discovery infotainment.

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
Stop the front page!
Shock Horror!
Surprise. Surprise!

After four visits to my VW dealer to have various ACC, Travel Assist and random pinging and messages issues I’m having a NEW STEERING WHEEL fitted 😳.

I trust everything going forward will therefore be tickety-boo 👻 ?

mageor

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes the TPI mentions that the hardware part number of the Gateway control unit has to be 5WA907530C. If the part number ends with a different letter then the software update can't be applied. The good news is they are working on a solution for these control units.
Thank you Massimo... You were so helpful and gave me hope... I feel so disappointed by this gateway control unit thing... Could I possibly change the control unit of my car and fit the one that allows the update?