GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

koolmacher

Passed Driver's Ed
Stop the front page!
Shock Horror!
Surprise. Surprise!

After four visits to my VW dealer to have various ACC, Travel Assist and random pinging and messages issues I’m having a NEW STEERING WHEEL fitted 😳.

I trust everything going forward will therefore be tickety-boo 👻 ?
It should be my Golf has behaved itself since the new wheel was fitted last July. 👍

koolmacher

Passed Driver's Ed
That's good, something to look forward to! I will report back if the 1896 software update goes ahead as planned :) There's always a final word - has anybody been contacted by VW re. the promised IS software update and if so how has it worked out?

https://www.volkswagen-newsroom.com...voice-control-in-the-golf-to-a-new-level-7698
No contact from VW and the last time I contacted my dealer they weren't aware of any mass software upgrade program or any software upgrade at all for that matter. I had to tell them it was in a press release from Volkswagen themselves last December 🤦

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
LMWT - Hopefully they will update the car. For the internet radio to work you need a data plan (Cubic) or use the phone hotspot to use the phone internet data.

So today a Golf 8 in Germany with 1804 got an online remote update and is downloading a 3.5 GB file. From the name of the file downloaded we know its the 1896 software update. We will have confirmation tomorrow when it gets updated.
This would be the first known Online software update on a Golf 8 were normally you would need to go to the workshop.
View attachment 248384

So the online software update was applied and this is the result: from 1804 to A896 and 816F to 816G.
It could be that more update packages will be downloaded and installed…
68D8ABB5-F804-4F67-B35A-357A04583653.jpegB0EA086F-F63B-449B-B74A-61B2DFF7DCAB.jpeg

Reactions: tos

pred1981

LMWT - Hopefully they will update the car. For the internet radio to work you need a data plan (Cubic) or use the phone hotspot to use the phone internet data.

So today a Golf 8 in Germany with 1804 got an online remote update and is downloading a 3.5 GB file. From the name of the file downloaded we know its the 1896 software update. We will have confirmation tomorrow when it gets updated.
This would be the first known Online software update on a Golf 8 were normally you would need to go to the workshop.
View attachment 248384

So the online software update was applied and this is the result: from 1804 to A896 and 816F to 816G.
It could be that more update packages will be downloaded and installed…
View attachment 248547View attachment 248548
But that 3.5GB download... does the car do it by OTA or in the workshop? I have the 1804 software. A few days ago I received two identical updates, for Shop improvement, digital manual, general fixes.... Thanks!!!

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Here is the explanation from mike (MQBretrofit Germany) .The ORU is now available for Volkswagen MQBclassic using MIB3OI (Tiguan, Polo, etc) - on MQBw the Golf 8, Caddy V and Skoda Octavia NX.
It's a two parts update. First it will become A896 (3.5GB) , after that a second update with Speech (SDS) (1.7GB) content will follow. After installing this it will accomplish the whole procedure and become 1896.
This update is available from MIB3 version 17xx/18xx.
Cars with SOP1 Software (SW 16xx) still have to drive to the workshop to get their new baseline software package and a new Feature-Enable-Code to get the navigation function after updating the device working again.

pred1981

Here is the explanation from mike (MQBretrofit Germany) .The ORU is now available for Volkswagen MQBclassic using MIB3OI (Tiguan, Polo, etc) - on MQBw the Golf 8, Caddy V and Skoda Octavia NX.
It's a two parts update. First it will become A896 (3.5GB) , after that a second update with Speech (SDS) (1.7GB) content will follow. After installing this it will accomplish the whole procedure and become 1896.
This update is available from MIB3 version 17xx/18xx.
Cars with SOP1 Software (SW 16xx) still have to drive to the workshop to get their new baseline software package and a new Feature-Enable-Code to get the navigation function after updating the device working again.
I was just watching MQBretrofit Germany jejejeje. Good news that the cars are finally updating themselves and we don't have to go to the workshop to do the software updates. It only remains to wait

Mk8-pilot

Just took delivery of a mk8 se in United States and these are my device numbers. The unit seems fairly responsive.

Attachments

• 9A7CC55A-323C-4EE5-ABF1-E07738CB4070.jpeg
    9A7CC55A-323C-4EE5-ABF1-E07738CB4070.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 363

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
@Massimo 2323 I live in Spain and I have the 5H0035816B H56 1666, how can I upgrade to 1896? Thanks a lot
I know that a service measure 91CU is just out. The TPI 2066316/* will be archived shortly.
This TPI is the update of software packages 16xx to 1896.
So if your Golf 8 has this service measure on the VW system then the 1896 software package update will be installed.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
A software update for the infotainment system will be made available on the affected Golf 8 with infotainment software 17xx/18xx as an over-the-air update (OTA update).
This OTA update consists of two data packages and is made available via the actions OUB8 (Package1) and OUB9 (Package2).
First update is 3.5GB while second is 1.7GB
The respective software update is displayed on the display and control unit of the infotainment system and is carried out by the customer himself.
The online software update is available or will be available by the end of the second quarter of 2022.
In order to be able to carry out the OTA update, the following basic requirements must be met:
• Vehicle must be enrolled
(enrolled = The We Connect contract must be active and a main user or a Volkswagen ID must be assigned to the contract)
• Vehicle must have a primary user
• Vehicle must not be in privacy mode.

Sergio MV

Passed Driver's Ed
I know that a service measure 91CU is just out. The TPI 2066316/* will be archived shortly.
This TPI is the update of software packages 16xx to 1896.
So if your Golf 8 has this service measure on the VW system then the 1896 software package update will be installed.
@Massimo 2323 thanks but if my car is 47 week of november 2020 production is it posible to upgrade! Thanks again!

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Hello Massimo 2323

Dealer contacted me this week re. 1668 to 1896 software update also informed me that the VW announced IS software update will also be available and although I will receive a notification from VW in the next few weeks about this they will actually install it plus the 1896 update.
From your previous reply, have I this correct - when the above two updates are installed this will allow me to receive future updates OTA like the 1.7GB you have mentioned. Reminder of my system details are shown below (Nav. database is now 22.3) 😓

Thanks in advance
View attachment 248882
Once you have the 1896 then you should have the OTA software update enabled and future updates will download remotely.