GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

Kierweb

Hi all, I've been following this forum for a while, but have only just registered so that I can post a question.

Has anyone had connection issues since getting the upgrade from 1668 to 1896 - When I got my car back from the garage, I am no longer able to login into my account - I get a "Sorry, this is function is currently unavailable." - basically my car is stuck in Guest mode - I have contacted the VW Connect team, who then got me to take it to the garage which also couldn't fix it - apparently it's getting looked into.

But my question is - has anyone else had the same issue with the upgrade?

Attachments

• 20220421_132756.jpg
    20220421_132756.jpg
    638.1 KB · Views: 176

pred1981

Once you have the 1896 then you should have the OTA software update enabled and future updates will download remotely.
but how do we get 1896? only on workshop or can be recived online someday?? I have 1804. I have recived two indentical updates a few days ago, for minor fixes, manual, eshop....but normal upgrades, not Gb´s downloads. Thanks a lot!!!

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
I have now got both 1896 and a new steering wheel. After four visits to the dealer everything now seems to be working ok. No more pinging with warning messages. ACC, Travel Assist and speed limit recognition now functioning as intended.

Antsyy

Hi all, I've been following this forum for a while, but have only just registered so that I can post a question.

Has anyone had connection issues since getting the upgrade from 1668 to 1896 - When I got my car back from the garage, I am no longer able to login into my account - I get a "Sorry, this is function is currently unavailable." - basically my car is stuck in Guest mode - I have contacted the VW Connect team, who then got me to take it to the garage which also couldn't fix it - apparently it's getting looked into.

But my question is - has anyone else had the same issue with the upgrade?
Hi

I got my car back from garage today and i have this same problem that i cant log in to my account...

Kierweb

Hi

I got my car back from garage today and i have this same problem that i cant log in to my account...
I've heard a few of us are having the same issue - hopefully they get it fixed quickly, I'm missing live map updates.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Try this. I had the same problem and it worked for me. Instead of logging in do the registration inserting the information asked and same email and password. It will say that an account is already registered with the email address. It will then ask you to login. Put your login information again and it should work.

Kierweb

Try this. I had the same problem and it worked for me. Instead of logging in do the registration inserting the information asked and same email and password. It will say that an account is already registered with the email address. It will then ask you to login. Put your login information again and it should work.
I tried this when i first had the problems, and just tried again - but i just get a "Please Wait" full screen overlay when i press register and it sticks :( :( :(

tos

Go Kart Newbie
1652468455618.png

Erwin says this to my car, 1890... but when it starts downloading - I can't wait ;)
We have very good network here in Finland.

I have had 7 small OTAs in short time...

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
My sept 2021 build GTI (UK) has just had a large three part OTA update, the car has been on 1804 since I purchased it and has just updated to A896, the device part number suffix has changed to H also, I can’t find any release notes for this update so I’m not sure what’s changed, it took around 45 minutes to download while I was driving, and 30 minutes to install once parked, this was followed by a brief user guide update.

EDIT:
it seems that A896 is a precursor to 1896 and will further update (part 3) shortly, it has been noted on other forums that this update appears to also improve throttle response and DSG shifts, but this remains to be seen!

UPDATE: having now driven the car, I believe that the DSG shifts have indeed changed and the throttle response in comfort has thoroughly improved, not sure how this has been achieved without running basic settings on the transmission, but, although they weren’t particularly bad, the shift points have definitely changed for the better (maybe placebo), the last part has now downloaded 👇
129DD338-8D22-4598-B134-04FC37C44ABA.jpeg
and will install once the car is parked,

Original version👇
24B2769A-318C-4E16-9C4B-8A552632BBA4.jpeg

Pre update message👇
8B2E9986-60E1-420D-A597-503904574FDC.jpeg

New software info👇
227BC89B-D8CD-41E9-8ADD-3E63C832B35D.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: tos