GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

tomocernec

Here is the explanation from mike (MQBretrofit Germany) .The ORU is now available for Volkswagen MQBclassic using MIB3OI (Tiguan, Polo, etc) - on MQBw the Golf 8, Caddy V and Skoda Octavia NX.
It's a two parts update. First it will become A896 (3.5GB) , after that a second update with Speech (SDS) (1.7GB) content will follow. After installing this it will accomplish the whole procedure and become 1896.
This update is available from MIB3 version 17xx/18xx.
Cars with SOP1 Software (SW 16xx) still have to drive to the workshop to get their new baseline software package and a new Feature-Enable-Code to get the navigation function after updating the device working again.
Hi Massimo,
Where can i see version of Volkswagen MIB I have? Dealer have new MIB for my car (GOLF 8 2021 start with 16xx, at the moment i have 1810) some factory discount ?? :(

Reactions: tos

Doctor71

My Mk8 has been in the dealers for 4 days now updating the software from 1668. Apparently they are in contact with VW Germany to try and resolve constant errors - lots of updates applied, when one thing gets fixed another thing breaks.
So I’m stuck with no car until the software is sorted out.
They can’t tell me how long this will take and said they have a few cars with the same problem.

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
My Mk8 has been in the dealers for 4 days now updating the software from 1668. Apparently they are in contact with VW Germany to try and resolve constant errors - lots of updates applied, when one thing gets fixed another thing breaks.
So I’m stuck with no car until the software is sorted out.
They can’t tell me how long this will take and said they have a few cars with the same problem.
I’ve been where you are. 1896 software and a new steering wheel and I think things are now sorted. I am typing this with my right hand and holding the wooden leg of my desk with the other 🙄.

Doctor71

Well folks, I've got next Wednesday as the appointed day for the hopefully not infamous updates, will keep everything possible crossed and hope all goes well :rolleyes: One good point, I will have a T-Roc for the duration of the dealer visit.
Hoping to get a courtesy car at some point tomorrow.

T-bro

Passed Driver's Ed
Are we all expected to get these OTA's? I am currently on 1890, do I need to first get 1896 at the dealer and only then the OTA updates? How long does it take to download? If it is using 2G (GPRS) standard network to download, that would take ages. The car is of course 4G capable but am wondering if it is indeed using 4G to download these updates despite the fact if you do not have data packages active?

koolmacher

Passed Driver's Ed
I've just dropped mine off at the dealer this afternoon for the update from 1664 to 1896 I've been warned it could take upto 5 hours and I was asked this morning if I wished to cancel the appointment because the VW servers were being extremely unreliable today and I will probably be without my car for at least a day. 🤦

Doctor71

Ok, car returned earlier today and I’m now on 1896. Been out for a drive and not a bing or a bong in sight - wohoo.
DSG seems a lot better too.
Also replaced protective boots on front suspension struts as they were becoming very noisy (a common problem I think).
And they eventually found a rattle I’ve had for 6 months on the 3rd attempt. Replaced the centre arm rest.
I’m amazed everything appears to be working. 🤣

koolmacher

Passed Driver's Ed
Well surprise surprise they won't be able to do the update until tomorrow now, so what started as a 2 hour drop and wait has now turned into a 2 day wait without a car, that's if it works tomorrow we shall see.

tos

Go Kart Newbie
Are we all expected to get these OTA's? I am currently on 1890, do I need to first get 1896 at the dealer and only then the OTA updates? How long does it take to download? If it is using 2G (GPRS) standard network to download, that would take ages. The car is of course 4G capable but am wondering if it is indeed using 4G to download these updates despite the fact if you do not have data packages active?
2 gigabytes needed 15-20minutes (in Finland with best connections). I don't have data packages.

Sergio MV

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok, car returned earlier today and I’m now on 1896. Been out for a drive and not a bing or a bong in sight - wohoo.
DSG seems a lot better too.
Also replaced protective boots on front suspension struts as they were becoming very noisy (a common problem I think).
And they eventually found a rattle I’ve had for 6 months on the 3rd attempt. Replaced the centre arm rest.
I’m amazed everything appears to be working.
Congrats! What is your model ? The rattle is inside arm rest? I think it too, do you have now the maps on both display? And how time was the car in the workshop to do the upgrade? Thanks!

Doctor71

Congrats! What is your model ? The rattle is inside arm rest? I think it too, do you have now the maps on both display? And how time was the car in the workshop to do the upgrade? Thanks!
It’s. Golf GTi March 21. The map display behind the steering wheel is only available on the upgraded infotainment system I think - I don’t have that one. The upgrade took 4 days in total due to errors apparently - constantly going back to vw Germany to ask for assistance.

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
I’ve had several OTA updates. Each time on the screen there is a list of things that will be updated and that would take 30 or so minutes to carry out. I press the ‘button’ on the screen to start the update (not sure whether it said OK or continue). Question. Can I check which updates have been carried out successfully.

Sergio MV

Passed Driver's Ed
It’s. Golf GTi March 21. The map display behind the steering wheel is only available on the upgraded infotainment system I think - I don’t have that one. The upgrade took 4 days in total due to errors apparently - constantly going back to vw Germany to ask for assistance.
I theory all the Golf 8 with 1896 software have the maps on behind the wheel, try it and told me! Haha I have the next 24/5 date in the workshop for do the upgrade from 1666 to 1896, im expectating