GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Dear Massimo...I visited the Local dealership in my hometown...(Greece) and they said that the 1896 is not applicable....again...the latest service campaign (91CU), fixes some minor stuff...it doesn t advances my software from 1668 to 1896....This f#$#ing control unit has doomed my car to remain obsolete....Any news or progress on the matter would be greatly appreciated....you already are highly respected in this forum!!! Thank you in advance!
Hi mageor. At the moment i and other in the know-how have no idea what is going on in VW with getting all Golf 8 to 1896.
For the 91CU there are 11 different criterions to follow. 1 is for the Gateway, 2 to 7 is for 1896 update/other CU updates, 8 and 9 climate control update, 10 ABA attivation correction and 11 is a brochure with weconnect information.
This is the information regarding criterion 10:
“on the affected vehicles, an activation of a function that is not correct for turning assistance with / without steering assistance to avoid obstacles is corrected.”

EVO II

I own a mk8 style since a few months. 2021 model. Software 1664. It works well and I have no problems. The only thing is thats Dab+ is missing. All European spec models should have dab+. If I start the car configurator on the mms I also see the dab+ option, beside fm and webradio, but when I want to switch between web radio and FM, only FM appears. Not FM/DAB. Strange. I think a module need a sw or firmware update, but as long as it work flawless I will keep my 1664 version! Someone recognize this problem? And how did you fix it?

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
OMG it works, thankyou so much.
Re my other faults, a change in arm rest hasn’t fixed my rattle and the DSG is still sluggish when pulling away - delay of a few seconds before my car pulls away even though the revs go - it’s extremely dangerous.

I am currently on my fifth car with a DSG gearbox. Some have had delays, others not. My current car is a GTE and it pulls away instantly. I had a Audi A3 which was painfully slow. So much so at junctions when a car passed by I used to eye up the passing car’s boot and then floor my throttle so that I could pull out in time.

I learnt since that it’s possible to have DSG gear boxes reprogrammed to sort this issue. Have a word with your dealer, but be prepared to hear the words “They all do that Gov”.

Handydave

Go Kart Newbie
Re my other faults, a change in arm rest hasn’t fixed my rattle

Is your rattle definitely the arm rest as I have a buzzing noise that gets worse with warm temperatures and rough roads and the cause of it is the pop out cup holder if I retract it and pinch it against the centre console outer while holding the retracted cup holder it stops (a job for the dealers to fix for another day). Also my arm rest creaked so I pulled off the under cover plastic underneath the arm rest and applied lots more white lithium grease which has stopped it creaking.
@Doctor71 @koolmacher Could this be a cure for your centre console rattle?

Post in thread 'Noise coming from the center console'
https://www.golfmk8.com/forums/inde...g-from-the-center-console.389282/post-7728471

Mikey c

Thought I'd share this since I hadn't seen it posted:

Autocar reports that VW is planning on upgrading the SoC in the infotainment system for better performance, and software updates for enhanced touch and voice input.

No mention of backlit controls, but hey, who knows.

Since this is a UK news outlet, I'm not sure if these updates have already made it to the US models.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/...e-golf-infotainment-new-software-and-hardware
Hi rollcage just thought I would mention. I did a 2part OTA update yesterday on my mk8 r and it’s worse today than it was before the update. ie constant changing of kph to mph so can’t use ACC. Blank icons on turning on ignition and a few errors which wasn’t there before. It wasn’t perfect before the update but it’s now worse. Does anyone know if I can go back to the previous software before I updated ?

orlinst

Passed Driver's Ed
Today, when I started the car, there was notification for new OTA update. It's quite different from the previous updates: it says that the update is 'moi3_eu_vw_r8960l' and will go in 3-step process with authorization, download and installation. The size of the update is huge: almost 3.6GB. I'm currently with SW 1803 and I've found in some Swiss Golf 8 facebook pages that this is the upgrade to sw 1896. Unfortunately I didn't have the time to start the update today, but I will install it the upcoming days.

Mikey c

I didn’t take a note of the update detail just downloaded it. But let’s hope other peeps on here have better luck than me. My car was better before the update. But am working so can’t look at the car again till next wk hopefully can sort things out 🤞

tos

Go Kart Newbie

tos

Go Kart Newbie
^You can choose male or famale voice from language settings.

After 1896 update: Car2X will not available anymore?

Attachments

• DSC_2888.JPG
    DSC_2888.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:

Antsyy

^You can choose male or famale voice from language settings.

After 1896 update: Car2X will not available anymore?
Just wait with that Car2X. I had that same problem. Problem disappeared in one day. Just wait for a while.

It turned on automatically in car.

Reactions: tos

Wallop

Go Kart Newbie
Yesterday mine said it was about to start downloading this 3 part update and all it did was say "update failed" when i clicked update and that was the last i heard from it.