GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

Ciccina2016

hello, quick question.
But if your car is at the dealer to fix these issues with the INFO system would they provide a courtesy car in the meantime?

glasrt500

Another day, more software issues. After only being at the dealer about 2 weeks ago to resolve an issue with the high level brake light being unavailable, I got into my car today and was greeted by the dreaded error warning ⚠️ sound. Today's s issues: Error Dynamic Road Sign Display, Manoeuvre Braking Currently Unavailable, Error Park Distance Control. Still on 1668 as the dealer wasn't able to replicate the issues when it went into the garage previously but this time I have video evidence. Someone once told me golfs were the best car to buy ... even that person no longer thinks that's the case 🤪

koolmacher

Passed Driver's Ed
hello, quick question.
But if your car is at the dealer to fix these issues with the INFO system would they provide a courtesy car in the meantime?
I'm on my 3rd hire car courtesy of VW in 12 months because my car is once again stuck at the dealers with a failed software update this time.

cycler

Another day, more software issues. After only being at the dealer about 2 weeks ago to resolve an issue with the high level brake light being unavailable, I got into my car today and was greeted by the dreaded error warning ⚠️ sound. Today's s issues: Error Dynamic Road Sign Display, Manoeuvre Braking Currently Unavailable, Error Park Distance Control. Still on 1668 as the dealer wasn't able to replicate the issues when it went into the garage previously but this time I have video evidence. Someone once told me golfs were the best car to buy ... even that person no longer thinks that's the case 🤪
I have the 1880 software. And I still get the errors you are getting as well as what I wrote above about my radio. In addition to what I wrote in post # 453. Sometimes when I turn the car on and its in radio mode. As soon as the phone connects to the car with the usual sound I have for text messages on my phone. The volume drops to the level when the navigation is speaking. But even if I try to raise the volume its stuck at that lower volume. I cant raise or lower it. So I shut the car off, open and close the door. Then start the car up. Once the phone connects again, there are no problems. My center console where the gauges are switches on its own sometimes. I always have it set with that big round speedo/tach in the middle and the two round circles on the right and left. Sometimes when I start the car up in the morning, then drive a few miles to get coffee before work. Once I get back in the car and start her up. Either the center console changes right away or once my phone connects. It changes it to where the speedo and tach are two different circles on either side. So I press view to get it back to how I like it. Sometimes both the volume and the center console are out whack at the same time. And I have a long list of other electrical issues

Last edited:

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
I have the 1880 software. And I still get the errors you are getting as well as what I wrote above about my radio. In addition to what I wrote in post # 453. Sometimes when I turn the car on and its in radio mode. As soon as the phone connects to the car with the usual sound I have for text messages on my phone. The volume drops to the level when the navigation is speaking. But even if I try to raise the volume its stuck at that lower volume. I cant raise or lower it. So I shut the car off, open and close the door. Then start the car up. Once the phone connects again, there are no problems. My center console where the gauges are switches on its own sometimes. I always have it set with that big round speedo/tach in the middle and the two round circles on the right and left. Sometimes when I start the car up in the morning, then drive a few miles to get coffee before work. Once I get back in the car and start her up. Either the center console changes right away or once my phone connects. It changes it to where the speedo and tach are two different circles on either side. So I press view to get it back to how I like it. Sometimes both the volume and the center console are out whack at the same time. And I have a long list of other electrical issues
I have 1896 software on my GTI, I also sometimes have the dash screen change by itself to the same view as you, it’s only done it a couple of times and doesn’t particularly bother me as it’s so infrequent, I don’t have any phone connection problems though so the two are probably not linked, the only other thing that I’ve possibly noticed is the transmission changing from D into S, but I’m not 100% sure it wasn’t done by me after reversing, so until I actually notice this is happening without my input it is perhaps a non issue, the car has been on 1804 SW since I bought it until the 1896 update, I didn’t have one single issue while on 1804, so hoping nothing else surfaces and the D to S thing is actually just me.

tos

Go Kart Newbie
Im not sure what Globe means. Where would I look that up to see if Globe is online?
1653834181428.png

View attachment 250735

You can see it from top left corner (eu model). White = online, gray = offline

Geeves

Hi there. Geeves here from the Netherlands. Thought I’d share my software update journey with you as it might be useful for some.

I have a built in June 2020 VW Golf 8 1.5 etsi 150 DSG with Discovery Pro system (where Satnav can simultaneously be shown in the instrument cluster and central screen).

As with a lot of people on this forum I had my fair share of random error messages running software 1664 / device part no 5H0035816 (see attached image for system info)

At a 30,000kms service last week I was informed that there were recalls open on the vehicle, as follows, and that they needed the vehicle for two days to complete the service and recalls.

Recall 48Q5 crit 02 (vervangen stuurwiel). Please note that this was my second steering wheel replacement.
Recall 90S8 cirt 01 (softwaremaatregel)
Recall 91CU cirt 01,02,09, 11 (service maatregel)

At the end of day two the inevitable happened…they could not complete the software updates (apparently it got stuck), the vehicle was undrivable and they were awaiting feedback from VW Germany. Bad news…

Now for the good news…I had access to a loan vehicle and although it took nearly a week – on Day 5 they advised that they were in contact with the factory who guided them through the process and all updates were done successfully incl. 1896 / device part no 5H0035816G and I received my vehicle back.

Except for some initial challenges logging back into WeConnect from the vehicle (grey globe for about 36 hours), which I suspect was simply because the IS system was effectively factory reset and permissions had to be re-approved by Germany, all good so far.

There are very few visual or functional changes – the only two things I could pick up so far is an “IQ Drive” logo on the Assist Systems screen and a wireless icon that now appears when my phone is charging in the cradle. The rest pretty much as it was.

I will of course keep on monitoring things (it is still early days!), but I do hope that this will now be the end of any error messages and issues. Good luck to everyone still experiencing challenges!

Attachments

• IMG_3163 (1).jpeg
    IMG_3163 (1).jpeg
    656 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_5154.jpeg
    IMG_5154.jpeg
    339.2 KB · Views: 178

Alanedg

I'm approaching my three week anniversary of my local dealers trying and failing to do software update 91CU. They told me it had been reported to the factory nearly two weeks ago but since then they've heard nothing. I've noticed lots of people mentioning similar experiences and wonder if anyone has tried to work out what if anything the problem cars all have in common. My car is a 2020 1.5 TSi 150bhp style and it has previously needed to have it's steering wheel replaced once. Has anyone else who can't get their 91CU software installed got very different specs to this?

Last edited:

koolmacher

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm approaching my three week anniversary of my local dealers trying and failing to do software update 91CU. They told me it had been reported to the factory nearly two weeks ago but since then they've heard nothing. I've noticed lots of people mentioning similar experiences and wonder if anyone has tried to work out what if anything the problem cars all have in common. My car is a 2020 1.5 TSi 150bhp style and it has previously needed to have it's steering wheel replaced once. Has anyone else who can't get their 91CU software installed got very different specs to this?
My car is also a 2020 Style 1.5 TSI 150, and has had the steering wheel replaced along with the SOS module and a couple of unnamed modules. My car has been stuck at the dealers for 2 weeks tomorrow with the failed update and they are awaiting a fix from VW.

koolmacher

Passed Driver's Ed
Just had an update from my dealer VW still can't figure out how to fix the failed software update (1664-1896) with my car and it will be going into its 3rd week stranded at the dealers. VW really have made an astonishingly poor product with the Golf 8, in 12 months of ownership it's so far spent a total of 14 weeks stuck at the dealers while they try and fix a long list of faults they must hate them as much as the poor people who are paying for them!

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
Touch wood, I think my car is now working as it should. It’s taken four visits to my dealer to get it to this point. On the third visit it took a full week to replace the SOS module and update the software to 1896. To take that long I suspect they had a problem installing the new software. On the last visit they installed a new steering wheel … now where can I find a four leaf clover 🙄?

aitcheff

Passed Driver's Ed
My Style was updated to 1896 on Monday. They told me I might not get it back same day but it was done by 3pm.

So far everything is working perfectly and I'm feeling the nightmare may be over.... Or am I jinxing myself?