GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Issues

ZimitiZ

Passed Driver's Ed
I am having all of these problems in this thread and I have only had the car for less than 3 weeks. I am on software issue 1804. Doesn't sound promising!

Attachments

• IMG_8771.JPG
    IMG_8771.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 371

arciere

There's no fix yet as far as I'm aware.
The only two "fixes" are either:

1) Set the privacy to maximum (nothing shared). Problem solved but you lose the vast majority of the car's internet features

2) Leave everything on and when the infotainment system freezes, press the emergency button for 1 second, wait around 30-40 seconds, cancel the emergency call that gets initiated (you've got like 7 seconds to do this before you get connected to the emergency services) then all systems should be up and running again

Do note though that with 2) you may occasionally notice random resets (very occasionally) and also being logged out of your account. If that happens, re-enable the privacy settings in the guest account and try to log in again (it may fail otherwise)

ZimitiZ

Passed Driver's Ed
Thank you for that Arciere. On my next trip out I noticed that the globe was grey and a little later white again. The lockout disappeared and things seemed much better again. However, the voice control button didn't work. It did once a while later. The SOS light has now gone so I am not rushing round to the dealer like it suggests you should. I reckon that a software update is probably the only solution for most of these problems but I wonder when that will be available. This is all a real pity as the car itself is great and I love the electric hybrid side of things as well.