GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Issues

khgerrard

About 3 days ago my infotainment system failed to load after starting the engine.
I started the car and the screen showed 'Loading Settings' and that's as far as it got, I drove for nearly an hour to get somewhere and still hadn't loaded.
No radio, no satnav no mobile phone connection. All I was able to do was change the temperature in the car (luckily)

Anyone else had this issue and any ideas on how to resolve it rather than waiting until Monday to take it to the dealer?

Any help greatly appriciated

khgerrard

IMG20201124135311.jpg

This is as far as it gets, 3 days stuck on this screen

M4ttV

Passed Driver's Ed
I get similar if I get SOS / Emergency Call errors. If the "Error: Emergency Call. Please visit workshop error” has triggered the car loses connectivity and can't get past the settings screen. Been an ongoing issue since June. Had the SOS unit replaced, and is now in having the main computer (5F) unit replaced. I am told another car with same issues who had this replaced has not had reoccurrence.
From looking at the right of your infotainment you have no connectivity. Unfortunately the infotainment software checks connectivity before it will startup, which is a stupid design as it stops you using functions which do not need connectivity like the radio.

khgerrard

I get similar if I get SOS / Emergency Call errors. If the "Error: Emergency Call. Please visit workshop error” has triggered the car loses connectivity and can't get past the settings screen. Been an ongoing issue since June. Had the SOS unit replaced, and is now in having the main computer (5F) unit replaced. I am told another car with same issues who had this replaced has not had reoccurrence.
From looking at the right of your infotainment you have no connectivity. Unfortunately the infotainment software checks connectivity before it will startup, which is a stupid design as it stops you using functions which do not need connectivity like the radio.
IMG20201124213526.jpg

Managed to get this symbol on as well but that's it still no further

arciere

I got my Golf on lease in January and started to get this pretty much from day 1.
What's really interesting is that, when I go to work in the morning with Android Auto on, the speakers make a popping sound and a few seconds later I get the SOS error (with anything related to navigation frozen), all of this at the EXACT same spot on the motorway.
It makes me wonder if this is somehow related to the internal data connection, maybe in that specific spot the SIM card changes mobile cell or something.

arciere

I tried pressing the button for 15 seconds or so, it restarts it but then it gets stuck at "Loading settings". The only way (so far) to get the system back is to leave the car for a few hours. Nice when you are on a long journey.

Mattbates85

Passed Driver's Ed
I have the following issues with my infotainment which my dealer did a software update but I'm still getting the same issues which is highly annoying! so its back to the dealer again.

anyone else had these issues ?

Parking sensors Error

ACC picking up different speeds than the actual speed limit in force

Wireless charge pad cuts in and out all the time with an error message "currently unable to charge the mobile device. please remove all items from the mobile tray."

Phone does not connect to Bluetooth automatically on occasions it has to be done manually

Voice control from steering wheel button doesn’t always work

Assisted brake sensor error

arciere

My understanding is that one thing is connected to another.
The SOS function must be using GPS. When the error occurs, the sat nav gets crazy, with the location jumping every second. Which makes predictive speeds unreliable, which give ACC errors.

I had the car slamming on the brakes today while I was doing 70 mph on the motorway because it was showing that I was about to drive through a junction miles away.

I booked an appointment with VW today, although I'm quite sure they'll only do a software update to start with.

It's a shame that a brand new car, with less than 1,000 miles has got so many problems (and since it's a lease, I'll have to return it in 21 months)

Mattbates85

Passed Driver's Ed
My understanding is that one thing is connected to another.
The SOS function must be using GPS. When the error occurs, the sat nav gets crazy, with the location jumping every second. Which makes predictive speeds unreliable, which give ACC errors.

I had the car slamming on the brakes today while I was doing 70 mph on the motorway because it was showing that I was about to drive through a junction miles away.

I booked an appointment with VW today, although I'm quite sure they'll only do a software update to start with.

It's a shame that a brand new car, with less than 1,000 miles has got so many problems (and since it's a lease, I'll have to return it in 21 months)
I’ve had the same thing happen to me 3 times on the motorway so I’m just not using the acc until it’s been back in the VW. I’ve done 1400 miles in mine, it’s super disappointing that these issues are there as the car drives fantastic. I’m on software update 1668 which I believe is fairly new.

arciere

Whatever the issue, it seems strange that no one I spoke to from VW seems to be aware of the problem.
The guy on the phone today suggested that they might look at the speakers, since I said I hear that popping noise just before the error messages start to happen, which tells me that either they genuinely haven't had any similar issue reported in England (unlikely) or that they are trying to downplay it.

Either way, being an IT engineer, it's quite ironic that my own car has got software problems...