GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Integrated Engineering intake

fuelforfire87

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI SE
That CF lid really brings it all together, I just wish that it wasn't basically as much as the intake itself. I suspect that it adds structure to the entire system, and resolves some of the issues that I've seen.
For sure. This the Intake I will most likely be going with. I already bought the IE turbo inlet pipe and will install it with the intake come spring. I like how you can get the intake and carbon cover separately, so you don't have to shell out all the money at once. I'm curious if anyone has done any testing on how much the cover drops IATs. I was also considering going with the AMS intake since it probably does a better job with IATs but cosmetically I like this one better especially with the cover. Plus I'm not a fan of using carbon fiber on the charge pipes since they can crack if you over-tighten then

(R)Rated

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
It adds a lot of strength to the setup. I want to say between the 7 fasteners and the one mounting bolt it is pretty solid. I do feel like they could have easily added another tab on the sheet metal part however.

MK7_Grip

I love mine. It looks great with the carbon lid. No real added noise from day to day driving. Yes you do get added turbo noise under acceleration but its actually hard to hear with the windows up. Not as loud as people make it seem. 10/10 would recommend lol

Mikejt1954

Passed Driver's Ed
I just installed mine this weekend... The v2 version w/ the carbon fiber lid. I was a bit less than impressed with everything. Fitment wise I felt like there was more work than there should be with an intake. I'm also not a huge fan of the turbo inlet hose of the setup. I just feel like there's to much flexible tubing compared to a lot of the other intakes out there. I've also got a somewhat minor fitment issue with my coolant line because of my larger IC. Currently the 2 are touching and I'd need to remove the front bumper (again) in order to adjust it... that's likely just a me problem but certainly something to consider if you decided to keep going w/ the mods.

Lining up the CF lid w/ the rest of the intake was a challenge too. In the end everything fit but it took quite a bit for just an intake. I hope I don't have to take it off any time soon.

I think worst of all was the CEL I got after starting it for the first time. Apparently if you slide that 90 degree elbow to far over the filter then you'll cover the vacuum hose for the intake runners... which will kick a 2004 code. So if you do go the IE route make sure you compensate for it.

By comparison the closed style APR intake I had was much easier to install and just felt better in general. It was much quieter however. The IE intake makes all the noise it's advertised to.
Thanks for the detailed reply. I think I shall skip it and go with some Pilot Super Sport tires instead bb

docwyte

Go Kart Champion
I didn't find the install hard at all. Everything fit as it should and went in easily with hand tools. This is maybe a 1.5 wrench rating out of 5, with it being closer to a 1 wrench...

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
I'm not sure if I have the V2 or V3, I ordered back in August and received it in December. But I got what is pictured on their site right now.

I thought I lost a screw when I realized only one side of the tray was secured to the front grille / plastic. But nope, only one corner gets secured.

Between the grommets under the filter and the screw securing the left side of the tray it's not going to go anywhere, but it would've been nice if both sides got secured down. I don't hear a rattle but maybe if I go look for one I'll find it. Trickiest part is getting the two silicone hoses and the hard intake tube fitted and oriented properly so the intake clears everything and routes the right way. I also did the IE TIP at the same time, which was no problem at all.

Easy job, looks good, sounds great. Fit and finish is good, no issues there. It won't make a huge performance difference, it's all aesthetics and fun turbo noises. If that's not what you're looking for then it's kind of a waste.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Ordered on BF, showed up a week or two ago. Weirds me out that only one side of the tray is secured, but doesn't seem to rattle or anything.

Pretty simple install, had to find a new bit for the CF lid screws and broke one of the coolant hose clamps, but they're nothing special. Not much noise with the lid, I'll have to do some testing and see how IATs compare with/without. Doubt there's much of a difference compared to my old TIP + hose + drop-in setup besides noise, so it's pretty much a $600+ engine bay decoration with the lid on, lol.

Jargon

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
So I just installed the new version without the FC lid last weekend. I thought the install was pretty straight forward and i'm not very technical.
My concern to be honest is it's not nearly as loud as everyone online has made it out to sound. If the radio is on moderately low and the defrost is on can sometimes barely hear it. I hear the whoosh the most clearly when I come off the gas and it's revving down.

I also have a Borla Catback so maybe that is droning out the Turbo and intake noises a bit?
I was/are kind of disappointed I didn't get more whoooosh whooosh

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
So I just installed the new version without the FC lid last weekend. I thought the install was pretty straight forward and i'm not very technical.
My concern to be honest is it's not nearly as loud as everyone online has made it out to sound. If the radio is on moderately low and the defrost is on can sometimes barely hear it. I hear the whoosh the most clearly when I come off the gas and it's revving down.

I also have a Borla Catback so maybe that is droning out the Turbo and intake noises a bit?

I forget exactly but I think when the MK7.5 was released it was released without the insulation under the hood and less weatherstripping at the cowl, which makes everything happening in there more noticeable. My 19' doesn't have any of that, and I'm not sure if you have that or not but removing it would give you some more noise. It's also much louder with the windows down.

I'm stock exhaust right now so there's not much else to overpower it. It is significantly louder than stock, whether you can hear it or not haha.

DVader

Car(s)
2019 VW Golf R

Did you just get the intake? I get plenty of turbo and intake noises but I also swapped out the stock inlet pipe and muffler delete. My only issue with the setup is an occasional rattle when I take off.

slipperywhenwet

Go Kart Newbie
I finally went and did a couple of 3/4ish pulls in the car and grabbed a recording, before the two feet of snow fell. To my ears, there's a lot of noise, but obviously everyone's expectations are different. This was with the driver's window down and recorded on a Galaxy S20+, so please excuse the poor quality.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go back out into the snow and drive sideways for a while.

IE Intake Noise

slipperywhenwet

Go Kart Newbie
Do you have a turbo muffler delete? Does that make a decent difference on intake noise?
Nope. Right now, aside from the IE intake, the system is completely stock. I'll add a turbo inlet pipe in a month or two, as I don't like the fact that the current TIP is the cheapest plastic that I've ever seen.

I've heard mixed reviews on the impact of a turbo muffler delete, but haven't experienced it myself.

Although, saying that, it just clicked in my head that my JB4 will be having an impact on the noise, as it's spooling the turbo up earlier and more aggressively than stock.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Tune/piggyback is going to have a pretty negligible effect on sound. TM delete is useless for power but I have to assume it adds noise at least. TIP upgrade matters more than the rest of the intake as far as "power" goes and an aftermarket one does add some sound.

Slipstream

loweritonh&rsports.com
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Has anyone tried the intake with and without the lid? I definitely want more noise, but I don't want it to be obnoxious. I'm willing to cough up another $300+ for the lid if it helps.