Interesting Mustang.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Last edited:

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Since we are an a Ford.
Think they will build a Ranger Raptor?
I have heard yes, 2021. I would have to give up the GTI.

https://youtu.be/cDo7D6Jr0cw

That Lambo Mustang isn't for me either, but it's definitely "unique" (in a bad way, IMO)

I posted a pic of a Ranger Raptor in one of these threads, spotted locally with Manufacturer Plates.
I'd say yes, to compete with the Colorado ZR2

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Now if they put a V6 in the F150 Raptor, that would be a joke!
Wait......they......did......

But the the V6 twin turbo is a good engine, just not for a Raptor.
Sound is weak.

Even though the v6 wouldn’t be my choice I have to give credit where it’s due, the EB is pretty impressive.

My problem with the raptor (yes, I have seat time in the on and off road) is that it’s road manners are hurt more than it’s offroad capacity is increased.

On road vs a normal f150: 200% increase in body roll, 500% increase in brake dive. Worse mileage, cabin noise, acceleration and braking. Bottom line id hate to drive it to work (and I owned and drove a highly modified Cummins powered dodge for over a decade)

Offroad: While marginally better at soaking up slow to mid speed bumps the very small increase in wheel travel is laughable compared to a proper prerunner suspension (even when compared to aftermarket offerings with rear leaf springs retained).

So it sucks on road, would get gapped by anything with even a mid travel coilover offroad and it cost double your standard F150 leaving tons of potential on the table for modding. Basically it’s a $75,000 mall crawler, but don’t think you’ll enjoy that either lol