GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

iPhone SE 2020 Owners

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Anyone own one? I need info on its native email client only owners would know, in particular does it use authentication for outgoing mail?

Last edited:

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
How do you know if it uses authentication for outgoing mail? I know mine has issues with cox for sending but i receive them fine while Gmail is fine for sending and receiving

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
It appears my ISP (Spectrum) requires authentication. They mention to "check the box for authentication" in the setup instructions for outgoing mail but my older Android phone's email app has no such feature. I also have no problem with incoming email, and Spectrum's webmail site also works fine, it's just much easier to use the phone's built-in email app because it looks like MS Outlook. I was told webmail doesn't need authentication. Here's another one, my app works perfectly using home WiFi, which means the issue is AT&T. I called everyone, AT&T, my ISP, and Samsung. Of course, they all say it's one of the other's fault. One time I did get resolution from Spectrum, they said it's a problem going through third-party apps. It only worked for a short time. I think they don't want to tell me they only support their webmail. I'll buy a phone with a screen large enough to easily use their webmail if that's my only choice. I'm not fond of Gmail.

manapuaman

Passed Driver's Ed
Spectrum uses an old system. For sending try cwmx.com as outgoing server and leave the other settings alone.

manapuaman

Passed Driver's Ed
On another note Gmail and Apple do not like each other. My preference is to use a microsoft based email so you can get push email vs gmail only checks email at set intervals.