GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IT help/recommendations thread

riceburner

Autocross Champion
TL,DR but i'm guessing you could literally run cat-5 aerial from your house to the garage pretty easy, if you don't want to trench in some CNC underground. Either way just get some outdoor rated stuff. might need a few stakes to run it along your property line shady AF haha

I work for a cable construction company (just for permitting/drawings) and bet that if you did want it done by professionals it would probably cost more than its worth, like 5k or something. but you could plow it in with a day of shoveling for next to nothing, poke some holes in your walls and call it a day whenever you're satisfied with the quality of work.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
TL,DR but i'm guessing you could literally run cat-5 aerial from your house to the garage pretty easy, if you don't want to trench in some CNC underground. Either way just get some outdoor rated stuff. might need a few stakes to run it along your property line shady AF haha

I work for a cable construction company (just for permitting/drawings) and bet that if you did want it done by professionals it would probably cost more than its worth, like 5k or something. but you could plow it in with a day of shoveling for next to nothing, poke some holes in your walls and call it a day whenever you're satisfied with the quality of work.

If I trench it’ll be multi purpose, as I’ll be running a 3/4” PEX water line out there too so I can at least wash cars and wash my hands out at the shop. We’ll see, my wife is still a little on edge about all the cool stuff I’ve bought and built this year lol

riceburner

Autocross Champion
^ oh hell yeah, no brainer then! I didn't see/notice that you dont have water out there!

IDK what your electric situation is, but if that happens to be aerial you could also overlash coax onto that possibly, depending what your city guidelines allow.

If it were me, i would 100% put a urinal of sorts in there and cut a hole through the wall or into a drain pipe haha - if i had a cool garage 200 ft away from the house, that is.