GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

its been a while...what tools do I need for coilover install as far the triple square

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
21/22mm socket for the top nut of the dampers
deep 16mm socket for lower control arm nuts
breaker bar
13mm socket/ratchet wrench
STRUT SPREADER TOOL

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Once you use a proper strut spreader you'll never use a pry bar again, it makes it so much easier.

This. I've gone without a ton of times and finally just picked one up. I took out each front coilover, replaced the collars/dust shields/strut mounts and reinstalled them. Took me an hour total using the strut spreader tool. Saves a ton of time for 15 bucks.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
no one answered his question. you need a M14 triple square. I'll go double check tho. i did it last night or something.

yup, an M14 triple square for your pinch bolt, i just reached under my car and tested it.

but for axle bolts, i would have no idea, i didnt do it that way.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
but for axle bolts, i would have no idea, i didnt do it that way.

24mm 12 point if I'm not mistaken. Had to remove the axle out of the wheel hub for clearance on the driver's side.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
You shouldn't have to remove the axle or unbolt the control arm. The pinch bolt, the swaybar nut, and the three bolts up top are all you need to remove. I've done it this was at least 50 times. I don't understand why people take so much crap out.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
You shouldn't have to remove the axle or unbolt the control arm. The pinch bolt, the swaybar nut, and the three bolts up top are all you need to remove. I've done it this was at least 50 times. I don't understand why people take so much crap out.

3 LCA nuts and one axle bolt isn't too bad. You haven't replaced the rear rotors have you? You will know what BS it will be....just to get to those pinch bolts.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie

lol

put it on video or no one will ever believe you.

Eroc93

Ready to race!
Where can i get this m14 triple square? Just online.
And how hard is it to get the lower rear strut bolt off?

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
Where can i get this m14 triple square? Just online.
And how hard is it to get the lower rear strut bolt off?

Online.....ebay, etc.

You mean the 21mm bolt? Make sure to have a good socket and durable breaker bar.