GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

It's Decided. 2.5 Turbo. Winter 2019

OrangeSpy

Ready to race!
Just an update! Build is almost complete.
Just need to finish welding the exhaust and put the inline fuel pump in and it's good to drive. Waiting on a BOV and boost controller in the mail Then I just need to get it tuned!
20200221_233553.jpg

OrangeSpy

Ready to race!
Having difficulty with the fuel pump wiring. As previously discussed I used a piggy back fuse on the fuel pump fuse. The problem is that this fuse always has power! I assumed it came on with auxiliary power. Any suggestions? I'm thinking of just wiring it into a blank spot in the main fuse box that has Aux power with the piggy back

OrangeSpy

Ready to race!
Another Update!
The car is done! Minus the tune and of course just some quick tweaks here and there. It's on the road with stock injectors atm until I can get it to the shop.
I'm keeping off the boost but have noticed if it sneaks up to 0 psi it starts to stutter. I'm assuming this is because I'm not getting enough fuel with the stock injectors. Can anyone confirm?

OrangeSpy

Ready to race!
Hey! Still don't have a tune. UM is unable to as they don't have a file for my ECU. I bought a tune off another company but it basically turned out to be a bust/scam (I got my money back but wasted 2 months)
I'm looking at some stand alone options right now, hopefully I'll have it on the road soon but it's looking like it won't be until next year because I'm getting ready to park it for the winter :/

Society.9

Honestly this was an amazing thread to read through. Learned so much from it, so entertaining. Turbo-ing my MK5 Rabbit is a dream of mine, just need to get a second car first. It's been a while since the last update though, I wonder if there has been any progress with the tune?