GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JCB Medway Collection

rayaans

Ready to race!
Has anyone picked up a car from JCB Medway?

I realise they offer free driven delivery but I'd prefer to collect and drive it home which is about 200 miles one way.

Ive heard some rumours they only offer Monday to Friday collections which seems absolutely ridiculous to me as I've picked up all my cars (fair few!) on weekends.

Obviously the other issue is that the car apparently arrives 4-6 weeks after being built and then collection is maybe 1 week after that, essentially no time at all to arrange annual leave or hope that you're not working a weekend when working in the NHS!

What are the experiences?

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Sorry, no experience of dealing with JCB Medway, although there is a customer review on the VW website which states they wouldn’t accommodate the customer collecting the car over the weekend which seems to confirm the rumours you’ve heard.

49FECFD9-13FD-4A9B-8BA0-012B7C5D1C7E.jpeg

IMHO that’s poor customer service - I’ve collected new cars on a Saturday before from the VW dealer I usually deal with and it wasn’t a problem for them.

Why not phone and tell them you need to collect on a Saturday as it’s the only day that’s convenient for you due to work commitments. If you give them adequate notice, then surely they can arrange for someone from Sales to be available to sort out the paperwork and arrange handover. I’m sure if you went in on a Saturday to buy a car, there’d be a salesperson available to take your deposit and get you to sign on the dotted line…..🤔

According to the VW website, JCB Medway’s vehicle sales department is open 7 days a week, and to me ‘Sales’ includes all aspects of sales, including collection and delivery.

48FA031F-36E0-444E-8D6E-3CB938E58495.jpeg

rayaans

Ready to race!
Sorry, no experience of dealing with JCB Medway, although there is a customer review on the VW website which states they wouldn’t accommodate the customer collecting the car over the weekend which seems to confirm the rumours you’ve heard.

View attachment 260933

IMHO that’s poor customer service - I’ve collected new cars on a Saturday before from the VW dealer I usually deal with and it wasn’t a problem for them.

Why not phone and tell them you need to collect on a Saturday as it’s the only day that’s convenient for you due to work commitments. If you give them adequate notice, then surely they can arrange for someone from Sales to be available to sort out the paperwork and arrange handover. I’m sure if you went in on a Saturday to buy a car, there’d be a salesperson available to take your deposit and get you to sign on the dotted line…..🤔

According to the VW website, JCB Medway’s vehicle sales department is open 7 days a week, and to me ‘Sales’ includes all aspects of sales, including collection and delivery.

View attachment 260934

Ive had a look trawling on the forums and it appears someone is awaiting a Golf R for delivery this week and been sent an email with the Monday to Friday only collection.

Bit daft IMO as well.

Its silly to expect that people will pick up their cars on a weekday when they're working. Ive had a fair few and I have always picked up on Saturday or Sunday

TwoSheds

It may be inconvenient to offer pick ups from Monday to Friday only.

Assuming you're buying a new car through DTD for the discount especially as you're travelling 400 miles round trip to pick it up.

I can quite see why they do this with numbers of DTD customers all wanting to turn up on their busiest day Saturday.
Some needing to be picked up at the rail Station by sales staff.

Hand overs take considerable more time now with the requirement to explain all the new tech as well as setting up We-Connect, phones, keys etc.etc.
They have to do this properly otherwise it affects their financial scoring through VW UK.

I can quite see why they do this with tight margins on new sales & offering discounts at the same time.

My experience of buying new cars from them has been good.