GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JT64's Car Journey

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
All M3's have LSD.

I'd vote E90 M3 or this:

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...[POR[PANAMERA[]][]]&listingId=365701795&Log=0

Both 400 hp RWD V8's with 7-speed DCT's and maximum badge whore appeal.

The other unexplored answer is Cadillac CTS V-sport with their new 8-speed, you might be able to get one for $50k.

That's what I thought, they must've been talking about the 335 and I misunderstood.

That Panamera is sweet, contrary to everyone, I love the looks of those.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
When we went to a Red Wings game in Detroit a few months ago and saw the players leaving the stadium, the most popular cars were huge loaded pickups and Panameras. I counted 4 of them and each player had a different model. There was an S, 4, 4S, and a Turbo. None of them went balls deep for the Turbo S though :lol:

I never really paid any attention to the Panamera before that, but in person they looked good.

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
All M3 and M cars for that matter have LSD

No non M cars have LSD but it will become a dealer installed option on some of the new M Performance cars

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Man, I'd go with that S4 all day as long as its the SC v6. The V8 will kill MPGs. I'd pick the Audi for the following reasons:

Audi fit and finish
Amazing interior HUD, etc for the class (like the GTI). Really the best of any of those cars IMO.
Looks and love those LEDs
DSG
AWD
Easy mods to add mucho HP like the GTI. (with the SC V6)
Not as douche BMWish (not that I don't like BMWs. I do, I just like the S4 better.)

I'm sure there are a few other reasons that I forgot. All I know is I LOVED that car when I drove a new 2013 back in July. It will be my car of choice when I can afford to step up into the next price range for a car. Good luck with your search!

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
All M3 and M cars for that matter have LSD

No non M cars have LSD but it will become a dealer installed option on some of the new M Performance cars

A few different non M cars have had LSD options over the years in seemingly random ways. IIRC certain years of E36 328i got LSD as part of the cold weather package for snow traction, for example.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
S4 is stupid expensive to mod. The tune runs $1200... if you want to go stage 2+ (pulley) then that's another few hundred dollars + labor to install. You're at around $1800. Everything is EXPENSIVE in the Audi world... even more so when you add an S to the equation.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Man, I'd go with that S4 all day as long as its the SC v6. The V8 will kill MPGs. I'd pick the Audi for the following reasons:

Audi fit and finish
Amazing interior HUD, etc for the class (like the GTI). Really the best of any of those cars IMO.
Looks and love those LEDs
DSG
AWD
Easy mods to add mucho HP like the GTI. (with the SC V6)
Not as douche BMWish (not that I don't like BMWs. I do, I just like the S4 better.)

I'm sure there are a few other reasons that I forgot. All I know is I LOVED that car when I drove a new 2013 back in July. It will be my car of choice when I can afford to step up into the next price range for a car. Good luck with your search!

I would say Audi S4 douche factor = BMW douche factor.

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
I would say Audi S4 douche factor = BMW douche factor.

I would concede that it's close. But what makes the Audi less douche is AWD and it's generally a bit less expensive than BMW and Mercedes.

JT641

Banned
EVO-X has been eliminated to cheap feeling, feels like the cheap hot rodded car it's based on. BMW 335i has been eliminated don't like the seats, The ride/handling isn't good enough in the sportiest setting.

When you compare what each of these cars cost new the Audi is holding it's value the best; About $68K new equipped the way I want, Used the same car is going for 45K to 55K (with under 40K miles). The Mercedes on the other hand equipped the way I want is about $115k is now going for 50K to 65K. With the BMW M3 being close in value but not quite to the Audi.

Updated OP with a links for the Basic Specs of each Car & a For Sale Example as well

Last edited:

JT641

Banned
Buying or not buying a car based on the "douche factor" is being a douche yourself. That is a stupid fuckin reason to not buy a car you want.

X2

This would be a lot easier if I could buy all 3 (can't gotta save for the R8 V10 or 911 Turbo S) :D, Love the M3's Raw & Visceral feeling of driving & the Sound of that engine is just Totally Awesome :drool:, The Benz is great it's Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde I Can have My Cake & Eat It To so to speak, The Audi is the Fun Yet Responsible Adult It can be fun when it wants to But not near as much fun as the other 2. :iono:

Last edited:

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
EVO-X has been eliminated to cheap feeling, feels like the cheap hot rodded car it's based on. BMW 335i has been eliminated don't like the seats, The ride/handling isn't good enough in the sportiest setting.

When you compare what each of these cars cost new the Audi is holding it's value the best; About $68K new equipped the way I want, Used the same car is going for 45K to 55K (with under 40K miles). The Mercedes on the other hand equipped the way I want is about $115k is now going for 50K to 65K. With the BMW M3 being close in value but not quite to the Audi.

Updated OP with a links for the Basic Specs of each Car & a For Sale Example as well

I mean... rolling in a $115k car would be sweet... sucks for the original owner :eek:

I'd still get the M3 though.

Buying or not buying a car based on the "douche factor" is being a douche yourself. That is a stupid fuckin reason to not buy a car you want.

Agreed totally, but they're both viewed as douche cars, just pointing that out. I don't care about what stigmas exist or what people think about my car, I buy my cars for me.