GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JT64's Car Journey

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Have to say I just drove a 2013 F30 335i and it was very fast. (have also driven a '13 S4) I think those are both amazing cars. I like the interior of the S4 better so that's basically what would sway me as a deciding factor. Both are in a totally different league than our GTIs.

JT641

Banned
Have to say I just drove a 2013 F30 335i and it was very fast. (have also driven a '13 S4) I think those are both amazing cars. I like the interior of the S4 better so that's basically what would sway me as a deciding factor. Both are in a totally different league than our GTIs.

I feel the same way about them, Also you can get the S4 with a factory installed LSD so that another thing in Favor of the S4, But I still might go for the 335i I like the exterior styling a little bit more than the S4 especially with the right wheel & tire set up. So we'll see what I get :iono:

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
does the B8.5 S4 still available in stick?

335 is getting a new motor soon and new designation 340 I don't know how much of a rush you are in but I would wait for more details on the BM motor

JT641

Banned
does the B8.5 S4 still available in stick?

335 is getting a new motor soon and new designation 340 I don't know how much of a rush you are in but I would wait for more details on the BM motor

According to Audi's website it's still available with a stick.

Once I sell my GTI I'll be in a hurry to get a new car, But at the moment I'm not. But time will tell what I end up getting.

Last edited:

JT641

Banned
Well as it stands right now it looks like I'm getting the Audi S4 (2013 or newer). But I won't be doing anything until after the first of the year as I want to check out any new cars that we're getting IE: Audi S3, MK7 Golf R etc...

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Damn that Mk7 R is bad ass. Saw one at Fastivus this year. Basically as good as an S4 but you get to keep the Hatchback. Given the choice money and worth aside from what I've seen of both cars, I'd take the Mk7 R. Although Quattro vs Haldex? Not like we have alot of snow driving here in Cali though.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
While the 0-60 might belong to the S4 due its AWD (don't forget torque vectoring option when ordering), I might super consider the Bimmer first, in places such as Cali' or Florida: RWD & less weight to carry.

As for the S3 / Mk7 R, def. the R all the way.

JT641

Banned
Damn that Mk7 R is bad ass. Saw one at Fastivus this year. Basically as good as an S4 but you get to keep the Hatchback. Given the choice money and worth aside from what I've seen of both cars, I'd take the Mk7 R. Although Quattro vs Haldex? Not like we have alot of snow driving here in Cali though.

While the 0-60 might belong to the S4 due its AWD (don't forget torque vectoring option when ordering), I might super consider the Bimmer first, in places such as Cali' or Florida: RWD & less weight to carry.

As for the S3 / Mk7 R, def. the R all the way.

One thing I really hate is those ridiculous looking panoramic sunroofs on both the MK7 GTI & the A3 so it's a good bet that they'll be on the new Golf R & S3 If so then I definitely won't be getting either one plus rear seat head room in the A3-S3 doesn't work for people over 5'8". So the more I think about it the more it's likely it's going to be the S4. carrado917 the LSD in the S4 is what gives you the torque vectoring. Also I want something that is more fitting for someone of my age to be driving, Plus I'm tired of the unwanted attention from all of the kids wanting me to race them.

Here's what I have to have on the S4

Prestige Package with:

1 7spd S-Tronic Transmission*
2 Sport Diff*
3 Adaptive Damping*
4 Nav Plus*
5 Bang & Olufsen Stereo*
6 19” 5 Spoke Segment Design Wheels
7 Rear Window Shade*
8 Leather & Alcantara
9 Color Choices: 1 Ice Silver 2 Monsoon Grey 3 White

*Must Have Option

There are a few other cars I'm considering But we'll see what next year brings? ;)

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
One thing I really hate is those ridiculous looking panoramic sunroofs on both the MK7 GTI & the A3 so it's a good bet that they'll be on the new Golf R & S3 If so then I definitely won't be getting either one plus rear seat head room in the A3-S3 doesn't work for people over 5'8". So the more I think about it the more it's likely it's going to be the S4. carrado917 the LSD in the S4 is what gives you the torque vectoring. Also I want something that is more fitting for someone of my age to be driving, Plus I'm tired of the unwanted attention from all of the kids wanting me to race them.

Here's what I have to have on the S4

Prestige Package with:

1 7spd S-Tronic Transmission*

2 Sport Diff*

3 Adaptive Damping*

4 Nav Plus*

5 Bang & Olufsen Stereo*

6 19” 5 Spoke Segment Design Wheels

7 Rear Window Shade*

8 Leather & Alcantara

9 Color Choices: 1 Ice Silver 2 Monsoon Grey 3 White

*Must Have Option

There are a few other cars I'm considering But we'll see what next year brings? ;)

S4 then, definitely with more substance in comparison to a 4 cylinder options.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
E90 M3.