Just bought a toy to compliment the GTI, NC Miata PRHT

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
GF has also been enjoying it. šŸ˜Š

I am really loving this car.

Some of that interior goodness...

bentin

Autocross Champion
I think the NC is the most approachable, least compromised version. Looks great. That E30 is great too, I've debated an E30 wagon with an S54, but am also sick of those stupid valve shims, nice to have a break.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
I think the NC is the most approachable, least compromised version. Looks great. That E30 is great too, I've debated an E30 wagon with an S54, but am also sick of those stupid valve shims, nice to have a break.

Yeah, the ND isnā€™t comfy, the interior is a tight fit for me at 6ā€™0ā€ 160lbs and the motor isnā€™t compelling.

NA is awesome but IMO unsafe for the street.

I had an NB, it was a wet noodle and not that safe.

So the NC, especially with the turbos/SCs and the 2.5 swap was a good choice.

Plus the interior is comfy.

Last edited:

bentin

Autocross Champion
Yeah, the ND isnā€™t comfy, the interior is a tight fit for me at 6ā€™0ā€ 160lbs and the motor isnā€™t compelling.

NA is awesome but IMO unsafe for the street.

I had an NB, it was a wet noodle and not that safe.

So the NC, especially with the turbos/SCs and the 2.5 swap was a good choice.

Plus the interior is comfy.
Agreed. I had an NB and it was a floppy mess. The NC is the most solid (and of course heaviest) and seems to be the best at LSx conversions too. I like the ND a lot though, and at 6'2" and 185 lbs, actually fit fine. It's no Town Car, but that's fine with me.

codypka

Go Kart Champion
following this thread. I have a soft spot for the NC "Club" trims. My GTI will be paid off in 1.5 years. I like the idea of the GTI transitioning to daily status and a nice manual sports car into weekend duty. Now I just have to convince the wife

mk7.5&MX-5

A Miata is the perfect complement to the GTI... I have a slightly modded NB and it is great to switch between that and my 2018 GTI. Two totally different, but both rewarding driving experiences!

codypka

Go Kart Champion
A Miata is the perfect complement to the GTI... I have a slightly modded NB and it is great to switch between that and my 2018 GTI. Two totally different, but both rewarding driving experiences!

Maybe OP can chime in, but I am under the impression that the NC model is a little for forgiving to larger people. My dad had an NB back in the day, and my 6'1" and athletic build didn't agree with that interior.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Maybe OP can chime in, but I am under the impression that the NC model is a little for forgiving to larger people. My dad had an NB back in the day, and my 6'1" and athletic build didn't agree with that interior.
Absolutely true. I'm 6'2" and my NB involved removing the sun visors, taking lots of seat foam out, hammering out the firewall behind the drivers seat where the RHD fuel filler would have been and removing the stop for the seat rails. The ND is a little roomier than the NA/NB, but the NC is absolutely huge in comparison to all of the others. Plus it's the only one with five lug wheels, so the LSx conversion is a little easier.

I personally prefer the ND, but they're comically softly suspended from the factory, even with the Bilstein/Brembo package, while the NC in stock form is a little better sorted.

mk7.5&MX-5

Absolutely true. I'm 6'2" and my NB involved removing the sun visors, taking lots of seat foam out, hammering out the firewall behind the drivers seat where the RHD fuel filler would have been and removing the stop for the seat rails. The ND is a little roomier than the NA/NB, but the NC is absolutely huge in comparison to all of the others. Plus it's the only one with five lug wheels, so the LSx conversion is a little easier.

I personally prefer the ND, but they're comically softly suspended from the factory, even with the Bilstein/Brembo package, while the NC in stock form is a little better sorted.

Agreed; Iā€™m 5ā€™11ā€ and fit OK in my NB, but over 6ā€™ may get a bit cramped re: top of windshield. My only NB complaint is the narrow pedal box, even compared to my brotherā€™s NA. I need to wear more narrow Cons, Tigers or Pumas to be comfortable.