GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just got the dumbest ticket of my life

Pryme

Ready to race!
Came out of my 4 hr night class to find a ticket on my window with the description "parked backwards in parking spot" $40!! I never heard of this ticket before, there almost no cars in my school lot because of it being late and I back into spots all the time so I can just drive straight out. Such Bullshit!

Avant

Ready to race!
LOL.

If you did that in a one way parking row.. that may be why.

JeremiahIsaiah

Go Kart Champion
Came out of my 4 hr night class to find a ticket on my window with the description "parked backwards in parking spot" $40!! I never heard of this ticket before, there almost no cars in my school lot because of it being late and I back into spots all the time so I can just drive straight out. Such Bullshit!

I feel your pain but IIRC (if I recall correctly) some places prohibit backwards parking. In my friend's neighborhood (home owner's association) if you park backwards in guest parking you can get towed possibly but cited for sure.

*My assumption is they think you can bap something backing in so they rather have you park nose in.

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
We have that bullshit rule in our apartment block. It's complete nonsense and I still can't come up with a valid reason for it. Someone may have said to keep oil stains in one spot which is ridiculous. HOAs are just nazis.
You do get a few warnings first few times though.

And fuck that ticket. If they ain't the law (police), fuck em. They can't demand money from you.
Try get the rules and check if a warning is required first

qshashaa

Ready to race!
I feel your pain man, I got a ticket at 1am in the middle of nowhere. What's worse is the park ranger told me to park there and by the time I was back from my hike he was gone and there was a ticket on my windshield, I contested it saying he told me to park there but it was denied. It was like August 30th end of the month so he probably wanted his quota I guess. Douche ranger for lying to me.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
damn. I've heard of getting a ticket for parking in the wrong direction on a city street but not in a parking lot. Good luck.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
We have that bullshit rule in our apartment block. It's complete nonsense and I still can't come up with a valid reason for it. Someone may have said to keep oil stains in one spot which is ridiculous. HOAs are just nazis.
You do get a few warnings first few times though.

And fuck that ticket. If they ain't the law (police), fuck em. They can't demand money from you.
Try get the rules and check if a warning is required first

They can hold transcripts/degrees.

bialymike

Ready to race!
that's so shitty, I just recently found out that for some reason, in white plains, NY, you can't park on the street between 2am and 6am. ever.

what's even better is that there aren't any signs on the streets about it. supposedly there are 2 small signs posted coming into the city that I've never seen :confused:

oh, and the grammar nazi in me has to chime in too...you said "most dumbest" lol :D

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Was it a slanted space with a one way parking lane? If so, you're dirupting the flow of traffic which is a legit offense that will warrant a ticket. Same goes for parking backwards on the other side of the street.

BAM its mitch

Go Kart Champion
I've heard of this before and I think the rationale is that when they are checking for parking passes (or registration/etc) it makes it much more difficult if everyone isn't facing the same way.

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
Stupid ticket for sure. Unless parking as described by grambles above, backing into a parking space is the safest way to park and exit in typical perpendicular spaces. Ridiculous to get a ticket for it, I would be pissed.

ltdan48

Passed Driver's Ed
That's why I always park in the fire lane...