GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Keyless door handle - sometimes.

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
Every now and then when I put my hand inside the door handle it fails to unlock the car. It can’t be the sensor in the handle since this intermittent issue happens on both doors. Any ideas as to why this happens? I was wondering if it’s stuck in ‘let’s piss off the owner‘ mode 🤔.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Every now and then when I put my hand inside the door handle it fails to unlock the car. It can’t be the sensor in the handle since this intermittent issue happens on both doors. Any ideas as to why this happens? I was wondering if it’s stuck in ‘let’s piss off the owner‘ mode 🤔.
Mine did the same, it’s due to a low battery in the key, the dealer replaced the battery while mine was in for service and it’s not happened since, works every time now.

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
The battery was changed not so long ago with a genuine Duracell battery (definitely not a fake one from eBay). In the past when the fob battery is going flat a message appears on the TFT screen. If this issue happens more often I will replace the battery again as you suggest. Thanks for the info.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
To expand on this, I only had the ‘change fob battery’ notification briefly pop up once, not long after that the keyless opening via gripping the handle stopped working, locking by touching the recess on the handle still worked, as did the buttons on the fob itself, it doesn’t make much sense in that respect, but the tech at the dealership confirmed it was caused ( in my case at least) by the low fob battery.

m4in

Go Kart Newbie
One other suggestion: keep your phone away from the key. There appears to be signal interference - if my phone is in my right side pocket (close to the door when unlocking) with the key front right trousers pocket, the car will not unlock. I had the exact same issue with my MY19 Ateca KESSY.